Old February 2nd 04, 09:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CIG_BIG_CIG CIG_BIG_CIG is offline

Default Hayes (Kent) line

(Aidan Stanger) wrote in message ...
The Only Living Boy in New Cross wrote:

Does anyone know anything about any proposals for the future of this
line? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the section from
Elmers End to Hayes was nearly closed a few years ago and only kept
open because of residents' protests. I'm just asking 'cos I'm
considering moving there and don't want to suddenly be without a train
service!

You don't say what you mean by "a few years ago" but I suspect it was
before the idea of converting the Addiscombe branch to tramway had taken
off.

Now there's nowhere else for the trains to go except Beckenham Junction,
and the TOC has decided that all trains on the normal timetable should
serve Hayes and not Beckenham Junction, ITYF the line's future is
secure!

Not now the SRA control SET!! All trains will now go to/from Cannon
Street with NOTHING to Charing Cross, not even in the peaks! Looking
at the other cuts, the medway valley line having 2 of its stations
reduced to 1 train PER WEEK, a lot of stations getting cuts in
service, it all indicates to me the SRA basically want to close down
the whole SET!