Old July 19th 11, 06:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] chrisjbrady@yahoo.com is offline

Default Massive Disruption at Paddington - Suicide at Hayes & Harlington

All trains were been cancelled in and out of Paddington for the best
part of this afternoon. Trains only started going through H&H about an
hour ago (18,00). We arrived at H&H just now and they were still
scrubbing the surface and surrounds of platform 3. All was roped off
there. The smell was over-powering. No further details. We're getting
about one suicide every three weeks on this line - usually at Southall
and now H&H. Appalling. And nothing seems to be getting done about
this situation.

And of course thousands of passengers for Heathrow missed their
flights, with consequent missed flight connections, hotel reservations
and appointments. HCon and HEX (aka BAA) failed to provide alternative
transportation.

And there did not seem to be any contingency plans at Paddington
despite this being a regular occurrence.

CJB.