Old October 2nd 12, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mike Roberts[_2_] Mike Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default Paddington to Gerrards Cross parliamentary train

On 01/10/2012 22:56, Subterraneo wrote:
Probably a bit late to post this but tomorrow (Tuesday) I'm aiming to
get the 11.36 'ghost train' from Paddington to Gerrards Cross, as
featured in this article:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-6279103.html

The question I wanted to ask, apart from if it's still running, is what
type of stock runs the journey?
(I'd like to open a window and take photos through the window (with a
very small camera obviously) but this is not possible with the newer
air-conditioned trains, as there are no windows that open.)

Cheers

I was on it. It was a 165 and terminated at West Ruislip. The driver
checked everyone was off the train, but one individual seems to have
persuaded him to let him stay for the journey back towards London. It
left at 12:44.
MikeR