Old October 7th 06, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Hughes Mike Hughes is offline

Default Heathrow to Blackheath?

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

No idea about taxis - never use them. I understand cabs from Heathrow
will charge you a premium.

No premium from Heathrow. Just a 2.00 GBP charge which half what we get
charged to go into the system before being allowed to pick up at the
terminal.

You may also struggle to get one to take you
to Blackheath as opposed to Central London.

Blackheath is outside the compellable distance but there are usually
plenty of drivers prepared to go there.

2. Can I take either the Heathrow Express or the Underground at
Heathrow and get off someplace in London from which I could get a cab?
What stop would I get out at? Would this save time or money? Would it
be safe?

Why get a cab? - trains and tube will get you there quickly

But probably not within the hour, especially if you don't know your way
around the system and may be laden with luggage.

Heathrow will be busy, Paddington will be busy and Central London will
be busy on a Friday night. It is very unlikely anywhere will feel
unsafe.

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England