Old October 7th 06, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Heathrow to Blackheath?

Paul Corfield wrote:

(snip much helpful advice)

Now the one thing I am not sure about is whether you can buy one ticket
all the way through from Heathrow on HEX plus the tube plus the train to
Blackheath. It will be convenient if you can but I think HEX is
separately ticketed from the rest of the main line network - I'm sure
someone "in the know" will pop up. My best recommendation is to at
least ask at Heathrow HEX station as to whether they can sell you a
through ticket all the way - their website is silent about this. If they
cannot then buy a single to Paddington. At Paddington Tube Station ask
for a through single ticket to Blackheath at the ticket office - they
should be able to sell you one. The National Rail website says the
ticket should cost £5.40.

http://nationalrail.co.uk/index.html

The National Rail (NR) website is also talking balls! The £5.40 fare
quoted by the NR website would appear to be the price of a zones 1-4
off-peak Day Travelcard.

However the NR website seemingly doesn't take account of the new
"Tube/DLR - Train tickets" which are "the maximum you will pay for a
single journey in the London zonal area" - see the pricing table on the
TfL website [1] or in the TfL fares booklet [2]. In this case a
Paddington (zone 1) to Blackheath (zone 3) fares would be £4.40, which
you would buy at Paddington Underground station.

Like Paul I've no idea about whether there's any possibility of
purchasing a through ticket at Heathrow before boarding the HEX, but as
Paul rightly says you can but ask.

-----
[1] Tube/DLR - Train fares on the TfL website
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...e/rail-2.shtml

[2] Tube/DLR - Train fares in the TfL Fares & tickets booklet (PDF
file)
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...006.pdf#page=6