Old October 7th 06, 01:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Heathrow to Blackheath?

Olof Lagerkvist wrote:

Jkf wrote:

I'm trying to do something that may be impossible...help would be
appreciated. I will be arriving Friday night at Heathrow in a few
weeks. I imagine I'll be out of customs by 10:00 pm. Is there any way
I can arrive in Blackheath, where I will be staying by 11:00 pm? Here
are some questions...

I don't have answers to all questions but I have some ideas if you want
to save some money. It is possible to make this journey much cheaper if
you avoid Heathrow Express or cabs. Heathrow Express - tube through
central London - train to Blackheath with cash single tickets will cost
you 14.50+3+2.40 = £19.90 and by tube to Charing Cross - train to
Blackheath only the price of a Z1-6 day travelcard, £6.30.

There's no need to buy seperate tickets for the tube and the railway
journey - as I state on another post in this thread you just need to
buy a "Tube/DLR - Train ticket" from Paddington at a cost of £4.40.

An even cheaper alternative is tube - bus but according to TfL Journey
Planner it will take between 1:33 and 1:44. With cash single tickets it
will cost you 4+1.50 = £5.50. If you want to try this I recommend
Piccadilly Line to Hammersmith, then District Line to Westminster,
Jubilee Line to North Greenwich and then bus 108 (or maybe 422 depending
on where in Blackheath you want to go).
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/...-greenwich.pdf

Given that time is tight I don't think the bus is going to help the OP!

But North Greenwich is useful especially if the destination is
somewhere in the Westcombe Park area of Blackheath - the 108 or 422 bus
goes that way. There's also a taxi rank at North Greenwich but I don't
know how well inhabited it is by taxi's at that sort of time of night -
but the OP could of course arrange for a minicab to pick him up from
there.