Old January 22nd 04, 03:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default stansted airport

to go to sansted airport from king'cross pancras, are there buses or
underground. if buses, what line have i taken
merci

Old January 22nd 04, 04:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"liberty" wrote in message

to go to sansted airport from king'cross pancras, are there buses or
underground. if buses, what line have i taken

You should travel from King's Cross St. Pancras underground station on the
Victoria Line to Tottenham Hale, and then change to a WAGN train to Stansted
Airport.

merci

Je vous en prie.

Ian

Old January 22nd 04, 07:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"liberty" wrote in message ...
to go to sansted airport from king'cross pancras, are there buses or
underground. if buses, what line have i taken
merci

Either:

- Victoria line from King's Cross-St. Pancras to Tottenham Hale then
train to Stanstead Airport; or

- Circle / Hammersmith and City / Metropolitan lines from King's
Cross-St. Pancras to Liverpool St then Stanstead Express from there
(this last bit may be a bus, depending on the time of day / night)

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/

Matt Ashby
Old January 24th 04, 10:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Arthur Figgis" ] wrote in message

What's that thing hiding between the first S and the N?

er thats a letter T Arthur, lol

--
regards, Pre38

Old January 25th 04, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

You should travel from King's Cross St. Pancras underground station
on the Victoria Line to Tottenham Hale, and then change to a WAGN
train to Stansted Airport.

But bear in mind that they charge 22,70 £ (24 £ from Liverpool Street)
return. So if you are not in a hurry the airbuses to Victoria and Stratford
at 12-15 £ return might be better value. http://www.nationalexpress.com/

But I have a question concerning these buses: Is it advisable to book ahead?
At my local airport (Köln, Germany) the buses run frequently, you just take
the next bus and pay at the driver. Booking is neither necessary nor
possible. The National Express web site on the other hand offers booking for
the airport services. So I don't know if it has advantages (even if an air
plane might always be late or early) to use the reservation service. Your
experiences are welcome.

Thank you.

Martin

Old January 25th 04, 06:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 19:16:48 +0100, Martin Krieger wrote:

But I have a question concerning these buses: Is it advisable to book ahead?
At my local airport (Köln, Germany) the buses run frequently, you just take
the next bus and pay at the driver. Booking is neither necessary nor
possible. The National Express web site on the other hand offers booking for
the airport services. So I don't know if it has advantages (even if an air
plane might always be late or early) to use the reservation service. Your
experiences are welcome.

No need to book for the London Airbus services, in contrast to most other
National Express services where it is *strongly* recommended/compulsory.
This is why I don't think it was the right move to combine them into the
National Express Airport brand together with Flightlinks, which is a
totally different (medium-distance and reservable) operation.

You might get a discount, but that's about it.

Neil