Old January 26th 04, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New U5 route

A new route U5 was introduced on Saturday, from Uxbridge to Hayes, replacing
part of the U1, which is now diverted to Hillingdon Hospital.

There was nothing about this in the local press, no leaflets were
distributed to local homes, and the bus maps displayed at Uxbridge do not
reflect these changes. The TFL journey planner doesn't know about this
either.

Of course, the travel information office at Uxbridge bus station was closed
months ago.

Old January 26th 04, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In ,
Orienteer typed:
A new route U5 was introduced on Saturday, from Uxbridge to Hayes,
replacing part of the U1, which is now diverted to Hillingdon
Hospital.

There was nothing about this in the local press, no leaflets were
distributed to local homes, and the bus maps displayed at Uxbridge do
not reflect these changes. The TFL journey planner doesn't know about
this either.

Of course, the travel information office at Uxbridge bus station was
closed months ago.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/cib_service_change.shtml Scroll down to 24th
January

Old January 26th 04, 04:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Bob Wood" wrote in message
In ,
Orienteer typed:
A new route U5 was introduced on Saturday, from Uxbridge to Hayes,
replacing part of the U1, which is now diverted to Hillingdon
Hospital.

There was nothing about this in the local press, no leaflets were
distributed to local homes, and the bus maps displayed at Uxbridge do
not reflect these changes. The TFL journey planner doesn't know about
this either.

Of course, the travel information office at Uxbridge bus station was
closed months ago.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/cib_service_change.shtml Scroll down to 24th
January

Thanks, but this obscure webpage is of no use to the vast majority of bus
users.

My point is the total lack of local information.

Old January 26th 04, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In ,
Orienteer typed:
"Bob Wood" wrote in message
In ,
Orienteer typed:
A new route U5 was introduced on Saturday, from Uxbridge to Hayes,
replacing part of the U1, which is now diverted to Hillingdon
Hospital.

There was nothing about this in the local press, no leaflets were
distributed to local homes, and the bus maps displayed at
Uxbridge do not reflect these changes. The TFL journey planner
doesn't know about this either.

Of course, the travel information office at Uxbridge bus station
was closed months ago.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/cib_service_change.shtml Scroll down
to 24th January

Thanks, but this obscure webpage is of no use to the vast majority of
bus users.

My point is the total lack of local information.

I agree absolutely. My point was that the information is hidden away
even on the tfl website - I should have made it more clearly.

Bob

Old January 26th 04, 05:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:05:41 -0000, Bob Wood
wrote in :
In ,
Orienteer typed:

My point is the total lack of local information.

I agree absolutely. My point was that the information is hidden away
even on the tfl website - I should have made it more clearly.

Even the spider maps on display at Uxbridge last night didn't have
the info -- as they were dated January 2002! The spider map at
http://www.londontransport.co.uk/bus...f/uxbridge.pdf does have
the new routings however.

I've just been telling my commuting colleagues that there are now
9 buses/hour between here and Uxbridge. (I was wrong about my bus stop
having 13/hr, as it turns out the U5 runs to a 12 minute separation so
there are actually 14/hr: U1, U3 & U5.)

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Room 40-1-B12, CERN