Old October 19th 13, 09:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default What kind of train?

I finally found a two-pound coin in my change with the image of a tube
train. I wonder what kind it is, however. I initially thought that it
was a 72ts. The cross bars under the front windows make me think,
however, that it could actually be a 67ts.

Thoughts?

Old October 20th 13, 10:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Graham Harrison" wrote in message

wrote in message
On 19/10/2013 22:24, Paul Cummins wrote:
In article , () wrote:

I wonder what kind it is, however. I initially thought that it
was a 72ts. The cross bars under the front windows make me think,
however, that it could actually be a 67ts.

Victoria Line 1967 stock.

Are there any other banknotes or coins in the world that have images of
metros or trams? Not steam engines or locomotives on national rail
service, but specifically urban transport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EehCtiJ-JNU ;-)

But more accurately http://www.banknotes.com/ien193.htm

I have this vague recollection that Chile had one.

Old October 20th 13, 12:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 20/10/2013 10:07, Graham Harrison wrote:

"Graham Harrison" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

I wonder what kind it is, however. I initially thought that it
was a 72ts. The cross bars under the front windows make me think,
however, that it could actually be a 67ts.

Victoria Line 1967 stock.

Are there any other banknotes or coins in the world that have images
of metros or trams? Not steam engines or locomotives on national rail
service, but specifically urban transport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EehCtiJ-JNU ;-)

But more accurately http://www.banknotes.com/ien193.htm

Neat.

I wonder if Scotland ever issued a banknote, showing the Glasgow Subway
after its reopening.

I have this vague recollection that Chile had one.

I must search for that.
Old October 20th 13, 12:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I wonder what kind it is, however. I initially thought that it
was a 72ts. The cross bars under the front windows make me think,
however, that it could actually be a 67ts.

Victoria Line 1967 stock.

Are there any other banknotes or coins in the world that have images
of metros or trams? Not steam engines or locomotives on national rail
service, but specifically urban transport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EehCtiJ-JNU ;-)

That's a tractor.

Yes, but the wording on the note...... I suspect TRAM in Vietnamese is a
hundred.

Old October 20th 13, 01:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
On 19/10/2013 22:24, Paul Cummins wrote:
In article ,
()
wrote:

I wonder what kind it is, however. I initially thought that it
was a 72ts. The cross bars under the front windows make me think,
however, that it could actually be a 67ts.

Victoria Line 1967 stock.

Are there any other banknotes or coins in the world that have images
of metros or trams? Not steam engines or locomotives on national rail
service, but specifically urban transport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EehCtiJ-JNU ;-)

That's a tractor.

Yes, but the wording on the note...... I suspect TRAM in Vietnamese is
a hundred.

Images only.

Good Lord. I enjoyed your joke, Graham. Please don't set fire to your
computer or yourself.