Old February 7th 04, 12:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Booklet uploaded

I have uploaded the contents of a booklet to web pages at the link below:

http://www.romilepa.pwp.blueyonder.c...tbk/index.html

It deals with three items of equipment:
Track Circuit Interrupters
Position Detectors
Positive Train Identification

Although this booklet was designed for Northern Line staff, the track
circuit interrupters and position detectors are used on other lines as
well. The position detectors replaced the inductor rails on the Northern
Line in order to be compatible with the 95 stock.

A general description is given of their operation - it's nothing too
technical and may be of some interest. The web pages are adapted from the
original A5 booklet.

Roger

Old February 7th 04, 02:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

writes:

I have uploaded the contents of a booklet to web pages at the link below:

http://www.romilepa.pwp.blueyonder.c...tbk/index.html

Thanks, Roger! Lots of very useful & clear information here, as ever.

Richard.
http://www.squarewheels.org.uk/

Old February 7th 04, 04:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Richard
Griffin) wrote:

writes:

I have uploaded the contents of a booklet to web pages at the link
below:

http://www.romilepa.pwp.blueyonder.c...tbk/index.html

Thanks, Roger! Lots of very useful & clear information here, as ever.

Richard.
http://www.squarewheels.org.uk/

Ahh Hello Richard!

Long time no hear. When I get time I'll have to sort some more stuff out.
I'm currently changing over from Pagemaker to Page+ for all the booklet
stuff creation as it's much more user friendly. The Northern Line Line
Information Book is due for a revamp as it's only had minor updates since
2001, so I'll be doing that in Page+.

Roger
Old February 7th 04, 05:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard Griffin wrote in message ...
writes:

I have uploaded the contents of a booklet to web pages at the link below:

http://www.romilepa.pwp.blueyonder.c...tbk/index.html

Thanks, Roger! Lots of very useful & clear information here, as ever.

Richard.
http://www.squarewheels.org.uk/

Thanks from me as well, this stuff is really neat!

Brad
Old February 7th 04, 08:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

writes:

I have uploaded the contents of a booklet to web pages at the link
below:

http://www.romilepa.pwp.blueyonder.c...tbk/index.html

Thanks, Roger! Lots of very useful & clear information here, as ever.

Richard.
http://www.squarewheels.org.uk/

Thanks from me as well, this stuff is really neat!

Brad

The idea of a lot of the things that I do is to make something fairly
simple (in most cases) that serves to easily pass information on to staff
, often as a backup to information that they are told verbally - in this
case the items are covered when trainees are on hiking or the training
train. Often this sort of thing isn't covered as part of "need to know"
training and there is the risk of people being given wrong information if
different trainers have different ideas as to how things work. I do
various diagrams as well.

Some items are given out during job/road training, others are given out or
used as an example as required.

Roger