Old October 9th 17, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail 2 next steps

TfL have published a paper in which they set out the situation with Crossrail 2 and what they hope are the next steps.

https://tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/do...nda-item15.pdf

As you can see from the paper the election knocked things sideways and the hopes are now on an announcement around budget time in terms of accepting the strategic business case. There are obvious issues around the proposed funding methodology and also the total cost (quoted as a possible £45bn in the paper).

Have to say I'm sceptical we'll see any meaningful progress any time soon because the government are trying not to fund big schemes in London, they want to pocket as much cash as possible to cope with the "B word" and I expect Grayling has no desire to give Khan a "pressie" during this tenure as Mayor.

--
Paul C
via Google