Old October 24th 17, 09:43 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Paddington C5 program

A series about Paddington station started last night. They showed video of
the HST derailment there along with recovery efforts which was pretty
interesting and enlightening (especially the poor track workers having to
work in human waste). Apparently the cause was track spread due to rotten
sleepers. You'd think someone might have checked but I guess they didn't expect
much to happen at 5mph.

Old October 24th 17, 09:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote:
A series about Paddington station started last night. They showed video of
the HST derailment there along with recovery efforts which was pretty
interesting and enlightening (especially the poor track workers having to
work in human waste). Apparently the cause was track spread due to rotten
sleepers. You'd think someone might have checked but I guess they didn't expect
much to happen at 5mph.

The series actually started about a month ago.

Old October 24th 17, 10:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 08:51:24 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
A series about Paddington station started last night. They showed video of
the HST derailment there along with recovery efforts which was pretty
interesting and enlightening (especially the poor track workers having to
work in human waste). Apparently the cause was track spread due to rotten
sleepers. You'd think someone might have checked but I guess they didn't

expect
much to happen at 5mph.

The series actually started about a month ago.

What can I say, I don't watch much TV. It said it was new on the schedule, I
guess they just meant the program, not the series.

Old October 24th 17, 02:08 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:09:41 on
Tue, 24 Oct 2017, remarked:

Or of course retrofit the trains with storage tanks....

What trains are left without now? HST with only a few more years use
and what else.

IC225? (Yes, I know, they don't operate at Paddington).
Old October 24th 17, 02:27 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:09:41 on
Tue, 24 Oct 2017, remarked:

Or of course retrofit the trains with storage tanks....

What trains are left without now? HST with only a few more years use
and what else.

IC225? (Yes, I know, they don't operate at Paddington).

Weren't they built with retention tanks?

Anna Noyd-Dryver