Old July 3rd 18, 06:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default An opera about London buses

I have just discovered that in 2005 Michael Nyman did an opera called
"Man & Boy: Dada"
which includes tracks called
"A Few Things I Collect Beside Bus Tickets" and
"This Was A Good One - Ponders End To Waterloo"

.... the latter obviously being a reference to the 149 bus. I'm a massive
fan of his earlier work but think he was past his sell-by date in 2005.
I haven't listened to this one yet, but include a link to a playlist for
the entire thing for your pleasure. (They have messed up the order of
the first three tracks, but you can tell from the Act x Scene Y what
order the first three should be in.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpKC...I070txshGxnKS0

--
Basil Jet - listening to (Ma-Mg) ... Mackenzies - Madness - Madonna -
Magazine - Manchester Orchestra - Manic Street Preachers - Manitoba -