Old August 24th 18, 09:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Vicki 'all the stations' Pipe on Radio Norfolk

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06g3b9p

Vicki is the 'Tuesday Guest' in the 3rd hour - long interview plus 6 records
of her choice. She's from Norfolk originally.

Good interview with most of the railway content later in the hour.

Geoff and Vicki have a book out for Christmas about All the Stations and are
planning an Irish tour in the future.

James

Old August 25th 18, 12:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

James Heaton wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06g3b9p

Vicki is the 'Tuesday Guest' in the 3rd hour - long interview plus 6 records
of her choice. She's from Norfolk originally.

Good interview with most of the railway content later in the hour.

Geoff and Vicki have a book out for Christmas about All the Stations and are
planning an Irish tour in the future.

Thanks, I'd never have stumbled on that. I'd no idea she was a dancer and
drummer, or that you could do an MA at the Globe Theatre. Interesting how a
temporary job at Buck House can lead to a long-term job at the LT Museum.

I'm sure Roland would approve of the references to Ely.

Old August 25th 18, 08:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In message , at 23:43:07 on Fri, 24 Aug
2018, Recliner remarked:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06g3b9p

Vicki is the 'Tuesday Guest' in the 3rd hour - long interview plus 6 records
of her choice. She's from Norfolk originally.

Good interview with most of the railway content later in the hour.

Geoff and Vicki have a book out for Christmas about All the Stations and are
planning an Irish tour in the future.

Thanks, I'd never have stumbled on that. I'd no idea she was a dancer and
drummer, or that you could do an MA at the Globe Theatre. Interesting how a
temporary job at Buck House can lead to a long-term job at the LT Museum.

I'm sure Roland would approve of the references to Ely.

It appears to requires a "BBC account" to listen on my PC. I'll have to
wait until I can play it on my TV (I presume a TV iPlayer does radio
too?)
Old August 25th 18, 09:05 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 23:43:07 on Fri, 24 Aug
2018, Recliner remarked:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06g3b9p

Vicki is the 'Tuesday Guest' in the 3rd hour - long interview plus 6 records
of her choice. She's from Norfolk originally.

Good interview with most of the railway content later in the hour.

Geoff and Vicki have a book out for Christmas about All the Stations and are
planning an Irish tour in the future.

Thanks, I'd never have stumbled on that. I'd no idea she was a dancer and
drummer, or that you could do an MA at the Globe Theatre. Interesting how a
temporary job at Buck House can lead to a long-term job at the LT Museum.

I'm sure Roland would approve of the references to Ely.

It appears to requires a "BBC account" to listen on my PC.

It didn't require any acount when I played it.

I'll have to wait until I can play it on my TV (I presume a TV iPlayer
does radio too?)

There's a separate iPlayer for BBC Radio. Not sure if your TV can access
that.

Old August 25th 18, 10:04 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 08:05:33 on Sat, 25 Aug
2018, Recliner remarked:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 23:43:07 on Fri, 24 Aug
2018, Recliner remarked:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06g3b9p

Vicki is the 'Tuesday Guest' in the 3rd hour - long interview plus
6 records
of her choice. She's from Norfolk originally.

Good interview with most of the railway content later in the hour.

Geoff and Vicki have a book out for Christmas about All the
Stations and are
planning an Irish tour in the future.

Thanks, I'd never have stumbled on that. I'd no idea she was a dancer and
drummer, or that you could do an MA at the Globe Theatre. Interesting how a
temporary job at Buck House can lead to a long-term job at the LT Museum.

I'm sure Roland would approve of the references to Ely.

It appears to requires a "BBC account" to listen on my PC.

It didn't require any acount when I played it.

Perhaps your browser has a saved-signin?

Anyway, I've created an anonymous account, and *now* it says I need
Flash Player. Which I don't have installed, as a security measure.

https://www.pcrisk.com/internet-thre...-security-risk

I'll have to wait until I can play it on my TV (I presume a TV iPlayer
does radio too?)

There's a separate iPlayer for BBC Radio. Not sure if your TV can access
that.

It appears not (apart from Radio1 which is apparently now regarded as a
TV channel)!

Old August 25th 18, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

Even if it does (I can't remember), I thought I'd see it signing in. But
when I just tried it in a different browser, it did ask me to sign in.

Anyway, I've created an anonymous account, and *now* it says I need
Flash Player. Which I don't have installed, as a security measure.

I watched it on my iPad, which also doesn't have Flash. Maybe there's a
different, Flash-free version if you're accessing from a mobile device, as
most don't have Flash? Of course, it's silly for them to require Flash on
*any* device for a purely audio playback.

https://www.pcrisk.com/internet-thre...-security-risk

I'll have to wait until I can play it on my TV (I presume a TV iPlayer
does radio too?)

There's a separate iPlayer for BBC Radio. Not sure if your TV can access
that.

It appears not (apart from Radio1 which is apparently now regarded as a
TV channel)!

That's a new one on me.

Old August 25th 18, 10:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In message , at 09:21:55 on Sat, 25 Aug
2018, Recliner remarked:

It appears to requires a "BBC account" to listen on my PC.

It didn't require any acount when I played it.

Perhaps your browser has a saved-signin?

Even if it does (I can't remember), I thought I'd see it signing in.

They do it silently and instantly.

But when I just tried it in a different browser, it did ask me to sign
in.

Anyway, I've created an anonymous account, and *now* it says I need
Flash Player. Which I don't have installed, as a security measure.

I watched it on my iPad, which also doesn't have Flash. Maybe there's a
different, Flash-free version if you're accessing from a mobile device, as
most don't have Flash? Of course, it's silly for them to require Flash on
*any* device for a purely audio playback.

I switched to Chrome, which works OK. Will listen to it later, as it's
time to do other stuff now.
Old August 25th 18, 10:48 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:21:55 on Sat, 25 Aug
2018, Recliner remarked:

It appears to requires a "BBC account" to listen on my PC.

It didn't require any acount when I played it.

Perhaps your browser has a saved-signin?

Even if it does (I can't remember), I thought I'd see it signing in.

They do it silently and instantly.

Yes, so it seems.

But when I just tried it in a different browser, it did ask me to sign
in.

Anyway, I've created an anonymous account, and *now* it says I need
Flash Player. Which I don't have installed, as a security measure.

I watched it on my iPad, which also doesn't have Flash. Maybe there's a
different, Flash-free version if you're accessing from a mobile device, as
most don't have Flash? Of course, it's silly for them to require Flash on
*any* device for a purely audio playback.

I switched to Chrome, which works OK. Will listen to it later, as it's
time to do other stuff now.

Don't forget to skip the first two hours. I also skipped over her music
choices. So, overall, you need about 45 minutes to listen to the full
interview.

Old August 25th 18, 10:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Recliner" wrote in message
news
James Heaton wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06g3b9p

Vicki is the 'Tuesday Guest' in the 3rd hour - long interview plus 6
records
of her choice. She's from Norfolk originally.

Good interview with most of the railway content later in the hour.

Geoff and Vicki have a book out for Christmas about All the Stations and
are
planning an Irish tour in the future.

Thanks, I'd never have stumbled on that. I'd no idea she was a dancer and
drummer, or that you could do an MA at the Globe Theatre. Interesting how
temporary job at Buck House can lead to a long-term job at the LT Museum.

Norfolk's my local station, and I record the 'Tuesday Guest' slot every
week.

Probably 3 out of 4 I wipe as soon as I hear who it is, but there can be
some absolute corkers on it!

James

Old August 25th 18, 10:52 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

If you can get BBC Norfolk on Freeview 719 it is repeated tomorrow at 1pm.
Think you should be Sandy transmitter which is the same group as
Tacolneston.

James