Old February 27th 19, 09:41 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

I don't know if it would be possible throughout the day as
there are also freight movements on the line. Presumably
a fifth passenger train would mean a regular service of a train
every twelve minutes and the twelve minute gap might not
be sufficient for freight trains. It's noticeable they already
follow closely on the heels of passenger trains.

The other issue that will arise if patronage grows is Platform 2 at
Blackhorse Road Station. A very large proportion of the passengers
east of Blackhorse Road change there to and from the Victoria Line.
In the late afternoon/early evening the narrow platform 2 is quite
crowded and some passengers wait on the stairs or the footbridge.
TfL will have to widen Platform 2 at some stage. Land is available!

I hope they also sort out the public address system on that platform
which distorts the messages.

Old February 27th 19, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default GOBLIN electric tomorrow 28/01

Robin9 wrote:

I don't know if it would be possible throughout the day as
there are also freight movements on the line. Presumably
a fifth passenger train would mean a regular service of a train
every twelve minutes and the twelve minute gap might not
be sufficient for freight trains. It's noticeable they already
follow closely on the heels of passenger trains.

Maybe only run 5 tph in the peaks, with limited or no freight paths?

The other issue that will arise if patronage grows is Platform 2 at
Blackhorse Road Station. A very large proportion of the passengers
east of Blackhorse Road change there to and from the Victoria Line.
In the late afternoon/early evening the narrow platform 2 is quite
crowded and some passengers wait on the stairs or the footbridge.
TfL will have to widen Platform 2 at some stage. Land is available!

I hope they also sort out the public address system on that platform
which distorts the messages.

Are any 710s running in test mode on the line yet?

Old February 27th 19, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Recliner wrote:
Are any 710s running in test mode on the line yet?

I understand that they've been on the line, but I haven't
seen any.

--
Mike Bristow

Old February 28th 19, 12:29 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

I haven't seen any either!

I travelled on the line today. I arrived at Leyton Midland at 11.04,
four minutes after the previous train had left. A class 59 with 26 on
came through the station towards yellow signals at about 25 mph.
Bearing in mind the preceding passenger train will stop at
Walthamstow Queens Road but the freight train won't, there's not
much slack in the system.

The good news is they've fixed the public address system on Platform
2 at Blackhorse Road!
Old February 28th 19, 03:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 28/02/2019 00:29, Robin9 wrote:
I haven't seen any either!

You can see them here...

https://youtu.be/_iTkxvtOKTE?t=725

The streamlined front was a surprise... will they do over 100mph on the
LTS part?

--
Basil Jet - Current favourite song...
Hailu Mergia & Dahlak Band - Sintayehu

Old February 28th 19, 09:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote:
On 28/02/2019 00:29, Robin9 wrote:
I haven't seen any either!

You can see them here...

https://youtu.be/_iTkxvtOKTE?t=725

I've already seen them parked in the depot and in the bay platform at
Willesden Junction, but not running on their future tracks.

The streamlined front was a surprise... will they do over 100mph on the
LTS part?

No, max 75mph. The front is just the standard Aventra design.

Old February 28th 19, 07:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 09:50:08 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
On 28/02/2019 00:29, Robin9 wrote:
I haven't seen any either!

You can see them here...

https://youtu.be/_iTkxvtOKTE?t=725

I've already seen them parked in the depot and in the bay platform at
Willesden Junction, but not running on their future tracks.

The streamlined front was a surprise... will they do over 100mph on the
LTS part?

No, max 75mph. The front is just the standard Aventra design.

Best viewed from a distance through dark glasses IMO. Still, at least the
designers of the Class 70 won't feel so alone now.

Old February 28th 19, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin9 wrote:

I haven't seen any either!

I travelled on the line today. I arrived at Leyton Midland at 11.04,
four minutes after the previous train had left. A class 59 with 26 on
came through the station towards yellow signals at about 25 mph.
Bearing in mind the preceding passenger train will stop at
Walthamstow Queens Road but the freight train won't, there's not
much slack in the system.

The good news is they've fixed the public address system on Platform
2 at Blackhorse Road!

I see from Twitter that ARL staff drove the first 710 to Barking today.
This was it reversing at Willesden low level:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0fhnDgWkAACV-b.jpg

@RidingtheGoblin tweeted, "… this was the first time ARL staff had got
their hands on a Class 710 apart from visits to the Asfordby test centre.
Proper crew training has yet to start. Each driver needs a 4-day conversion
course, so 710s COULD be in public service in a couple of months at very
earliest".

Old March 8th 19, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin9 wrote:

I haven't seen any either!

I travelled on the line today. I arrived at Leyton Midland at 11.04,
four minutes after the previous train had left. A class 59 with 26 on
came through the station towards yellow signals at about 25 mph.
Bearing in mind the preceding passenger train will stop at
Walthamstow Queens Road but the freight train won't, there's not
much slack in the system.

The good news is they've fixed the public address system on Platform
2 at Blackhorse Road!

I'm wondering if 710 passenger services have quietly started. For example:
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/L90584/2019/03/07/advanced

Or was it actually run by a 378?

Old March 8th 19, 10:02 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Very interesting! I'd heard that the office for Road & Rail (ORR)
have not yet given their approval of 710s for passenger service,
and the general assumption is that it'll be two months or so
before they start earning their living. Perhaps one unit has
been authorised early.