Old March 28th 19, 05:42 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Passengers on the line at Leiwsham - RAIB report

In message , at
17:32:13 on Thu, 28 Mar 2019, Robin remarked:
On 28/03/2019 15:50, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
15:06:02 on Thu, 28 Mar 2019, Robin remarked:
On 28/03/2019 14:23, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:24:52 on Thu, 28 Mar
2019, Anna Noyd-Dryver remarked:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 16:51:27
on Wed,
27 Mar 2019, Natalie Amery remarked:

There aren't all that many Underground stations with public toilets,
either. The only one that springs to mind immediately is Barons
Court,
we'd just travelled from Hounslow West and my other half was
absolutely
bursting by the time we got there.

More than you'd think:

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/toilets-map.pdf

That's not toilets at TfL stations, it's largely toilets
somewhere near
TfL stations. The clue being the black lozenge "outside the gateline".

With a side order of "Dagger": not managed by TfL.

Only the dagger means it’s not toilets at TfL stations (and not
necessarily
even then; red-with-dagger ie not TfL managed but still inside the
gateline
features on the map).
Â*There's three situations:
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Inside the gateline (and probably inevitably
managed by TfL, but
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* no doubt someone can find a counter-example)
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Outside the gateline but managed by TfL (and
probably therefore
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* quite close to the gateline/ticket office but no
doubt someone
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* can find a counter-example)
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Situated and managed by "someone else".

Most stations on the map aren’t marked with the dagger.
Â*I can't see any in Z1 which aren't.

I can't see why that matters.

Because of the higher concentration of passengers.

But if it does there's Baker Street.Â* Plus Shoreditch High Street
on the Overground.

Fair enough (and I forgot the latter was infamously Z1; disabled
toilet only, does it need a RADAR key? I'll forgive the thread drift
from Underground Stations to Overground).

That's immensely kind of you. It was indeed stupid of me to think that
someone who posted about the map that "That's not toilets at TfL
stations..." expected comments about TfL stations other than
underground stations.

I'm not calling you stupid (nor a fish from Wanda) but you haven't been
paying attention. Some highlights from the quping above:

There aren't all that many Underground stations with public toilets

More than you'd think

etc

Old March 28th 19, 05:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 17:47:53 on Thu,
28 Mar 2019, Natalie Amery remarked:
In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:24:52 on Thu, 28 Mar
2019, Anna Noyd-Dryver remarked:
If you wish to claim that toilets outside the gateline, but in the station
building and managed by the station operator aren’t "at" the station, then
surely many NR stations with toilets also "don’t" have them (eg Paddington,
Bristol Parkway, Swansea).

"Station operator" - see above for whether that's TfL or National Rail.
So yes, a toilet at say Kings Cross sited and managed by the NR operator
(in that case Network Rail) isn't in the tube station.

From personal experience the toilets are Westminster (20p)

Recent experience, I'm pretty sure they've been 50p for about a decade.

and Monument (free) are within the tube station building (although in
the outside wall at Westminster) albeit not apparently managed by TfL.

The Westminster toilets are in an entirely council pedestrian underpass.
Which also has a link to the tube station, which may have confused you.

I believe the map is now incorrect in that the toilets in Charing
Cross station are now free to use.

Dunno.