London Banter

-   -   Tube timetable New Years Eve/Day (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2247-tube-timetable-new-years-eve.html)

Ryan October 7th 04 08:41 AM

Tube timetable New Years Eve/Day

Does anyone know if the underground will be running later than normal
or all night? Specifically Leicester Square/Northern Line.

Thanks in advance

Ryan

Ryan Breakspear October 7th 04 04:17 PM

Tube timetable New Years Eve/Day

So basically they'll run until about 1.30 or 2am. I was sort of hoping they
would be running later than that.

Thanks anyway.

Ryan

"Barry Salter" wrote in message
On 7 Oct 2004 00:41:36 -0700, (Ryan) wrote:

Does anyone know if the underground will be running later than normal
or all night? Specifically Leicester Square/Northern Line.

As far as I'm aware, the Christmas and New Year travel info hasn't been
published yet, but if it's similar to previous years, Leicester Square
will be open for exit and interchange *only* after about 7pm, and will
close completely at 11:45pm. If memory serves, trains and tubes usually
run for an extra hour after normal close.

HTH,

Barry

--
Barry Salter, barry at southie dot me dot uk
Read uk.* newsgroups? Read uk.net.news.announce!

Malcolm & Nika October 13th 04 10:20 PM

Tube timetable New Years Eve/Day

I think it will be all night...not too frequent though...half hourly on
branch and 15 minutes on mains. Forms have been sent out looking for driver
volunteers........ Going ok so far.

Mal

om...

tim October 14th 04 06:13 PM

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message
I think you'll find Leicester Square will be closed for entry after 19:00.

Isn't it always. Is the walk to Covent Garden too far for you?
(or is that exit only as well?)

tim

Robin Mayes October 15th 04 08:06 AM

"tim" wrote in message

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message
I think you'll find Leicester Square will be closed for entry after

19:00.

Isn't it always. Is the walk to Covent Garden too far for you?
(or is that exit only as well?)

That'll be exit only too.

Malcolm & Nika October 15th 04 08:24 PM

Tube timetable New Years Eve/Day

Ohhh...I see...you want the tube to run AND have the stations open.......bit
greedy.... This concept of running it fot the people is a bit drastic.