Old June 20th 05, 10:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Parking at Cockfosters

Can anyone help with a few questions regarding parking at Cockfosters
tube station? I'll be arriving at the station about 4.30pm on a Friday
hoping to return by midnight. I'm off to a concert in Hyde Park.

1. Will I be able to find a space?
2. What are the charges?
3. Is there a time restriction for exit on my return?
4. Or should I not bother and try and park near the venue?

Any advice/suggestions most appreciated.

Thanks,
Simon

Old June 20th 05, 10:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

PigPOg wrote:
Can anyone help with a few questions regarding parking at Cockfosters
tube station? I'll be arriving at the station about 4.30pm on a Friday
hoping to return by midnight. I'm off to a concert in Hyde Park.

1. Will I be able to find a space?
2. What are the charges?
3. Is there a time restriction for exit on my return?
4. Or should I not bother and try and park near the venue?

Any advice/suggestions most appreciated.

Car park info here
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/using/get...nd/parking.asp scroll down

Old June 20th 05, 10:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:06:42 +0100, PigPOg
wrote:

4. Or should I not bother and try and park near the venue?

I don't know how suitable Cockfosters is for parking, but driving into
London is a seriously bad idea.

--
James Farrar

September's coming soon
Old June 20th 05, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"PigPOg" wrote in message

Can anyone help with a few questions regarding
parking at Cockfosters tube station? I'll be arriving
at the station about 4.30pm on a Friday hoping to
return by midnight. I'm off to a concert in Hyde Park.

1. Will I be able to find a space?
2. What are the charges?
3. Is there a time restriction for exit on my return?

There are many quiet streets near the station, which *probably* have parking
banned for only 1 hour in the middle of the day.

4. Or should I not bother and try and park near the venue?

That is a *really* bad idea!

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old June 20th 05, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

PigPOg wrote:
Can anyone help with a few questions regarding parking at Cockfosters
tube station? I'll be arriving at the station about 4.30pm on a Friday
hoping to return by midnight. I'm off to a concert in Hyde Park.

1. Will I be able to find a space?
2. What are the charges?
3. Is there a time restriction for exit on my return?
4. Or should I not bother and try and park near the venue?

Any advice/suggestions most appreciated.

Where are you driving from? It may be quicker to get the train from
your nearest city?

e.g. Peterborough - Kings Cross - Hyde Park Corner = 44mins + 2 min
walk + 14 mins tube

vs

Cockfosters - Hyde Park Corner = 40 minutes

Old June 21st 05, 07:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Chris!" typed

PigPOg wrote:
Can anyone help with a few questions regarding parking at Cockfosters
tube station? I'll be arriving at the station about 4.30pm on a Friday
hoping to return by midnight. I'm off to a concert in Hyde Park.

1. Will I be able to find a space?
2. What are the charges?
3. Is there a time restriction for exit on my return?
4. Or should I not bother and try and park near the venue?

Any advice/suggestions most appreciated.

Where are you driving from? It may be quicker to get the train from
your nearest city?

e.g. Peterborough - Kings Cross - Hyde Park Corner = 44mins + 2 min
walk + 14 mins tube

vs

Cockfosters - Hyde Park Corner = 40 minutes

Getting back might be a problem; some last trains are rather early.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old June 21st 05, 07:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 20 Jun 2005 15:40:43 -0700, "Chris!" wrote:

PigPOg wrote:
Can anyone help with a few questions regarding parking at Cockfosters
tube station? I'll be arriving at the station about 4.30pm on a Friday
hoping to return by midnight. I'm off to a concert in Hyde Park.

1. Will I be able to find a space?
2. What are the charges?
3. Is there a time restriction for exit on my return?
4. Or should I not bother and try and park near the venue?

Any advice/suggestions most appreciated.

Where are you driving from? It may be quicker to get the train from
your nearest city?

e.g. Peterborough - Kings Cross - Hyde Park Corner = 44mins + 2 min
walk + 14 mins tube

vs

Cockfosters - Hyde Park Corner = 40 minutes

I'm visting friends nearby that day so Cockfosters seemed to make most
sense.

Anyway, thank you all for your input.

Simon
Old June 21st 05, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

PigPOg typed

PigPOg wrote:
[...]

If your friends are in the London Borough of Barnet, ask them for a
visitor's parking permit. (I think they cost about 35p) Then you can
park there all day...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old June 21st 05, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:57:00 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

If your friends are in the London Borough of Barnet, ask them for a
visitor's parking permit. (I think they cost about 35p) Then you can
park there all day...

They live in Enfield.

Simon