Old January 2nd 06, 01:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The Further Adventures of the Self-Deluding Dom1234/David Knight

I like, I am sure, most posters here, am slightly disappointed that
Dom1234 seems to have vanished since the abject failure of the RMT
strike on NYE to cripple the LU network and spoil the fun of ordinary
Londoners on the biggest party night of the year.

Of course, we never did find conclusive proof that DM1234 is, in fact,
the RMT activist David Knight responsible for the pathetic
zoneonelondon.co.uk - the amusingly self-proclaimed "Hottest News Site
In The Capital"! - but if it is not he who had been updating this
sorry excuse for a web-page, then surely he has been engrossed in
digesting its laughable revised contents.

Okay, maybe the latter is being a bit generous, since all that's
happened is that a few more external links have been added, and the
doom-and-gloom predictions of the RMT's pre-Strike press release has
been replaced with a quite frankly hilarious new bulletin from the
union claiming all but complete victory. One wonders if Bob Crow and
Co. realise just have stupid they appear when they make such fantasy
pronouncements to a public that can see all too clearly that the
strike - thankfully - had little effect on NYE. In that context, the
call for a second strike seems all the more to be driven by fantasy,
rather than reality.

"We take no pleasure in the fact that dozens of stations across the
network are nonetheless closed," says Crow, nicely encapsulating his
own double-think, considering that only 23 stations were closed, one
of which was not due to strike action, anyway. In normal usage, even
two-dozen wouldn't merit being paraphrased as "dozens," and yet they
didn't even get that far. Perhaps Mr Crow's self-evident deficient
grasp of both the English language and basic mathematics partly
explains his apparent inability to deal with any issue in a logical
fashion....
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War, and in Films & TV:
http://www.nickcooper.org.uk/

Old January 4th 06, 08:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Nick Cooper wrote in uk.transport.london on Mon, 02 Jan 2006 13:59:40
GMT :

Of course, we never did find conclusive proof that DM1234 is, in fact,
the RMT activist David Knight

I thought it was a joe-job, actually.

--
hike
- a walking tour or outing, esp. of the self-conscious kind