Old January 27th 06, 02:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Chemical/gas Assault on London 172 bus last night 26/01/06

Wasn't sure where to post this but thought I would somewhere on the
internet for reference.

This is a true event.
I was on a 2/3 full 172 bus last night going home from work at est
20.30 when suddenly all hell let loose and everyone on the top deck was
trying to get off the bus. The bus was on the old kent road close to
new cross gage when this happened. I just heard someone shout get off
and another person shout "bomb". Someone had released some kind of gas
which affected your breathing which starting to effect me at the front
of the bus. Obviously everyone panicked and fell down the stairs
trying to get off asap. I was at the very front of the bus so didn't
see the person who did this. Apparently the person who let off the
canister got away before anyone could give chase after recovered from
coughing. The police were called and turned up10 mins later. A few of
them ventured onto the top deck and soon came back down hacking and
coughing. Other people off the bus were coughing pretty badly. My
main problem was my nasal airways and it felt like someone had sprayed
an aerosol in my face. I think mainly this was due to covering my mouth
only when I guessed it was gas of some kind.

After being questioned by a paramedic he seemed to think it may of been
cs gas. However, he said cs gas had a fragrant smell to it which I
don't think it did in this case. If anyone on the bus would like to
contact me about to maybe shed some more light or anyone knows what the
gas could of been please get in contact. I'm still waiting for the
police to get back to me with an update. The bus did have cctv
camera's on and the police were trying to get someone to get a sample
of the gas.

Apparently the person who commited the offence was black and wearing a
dark hooded top. The bus driver even said he remembered him getting on
the bus 2 stops before using the back doors. If this was the case why
didn't the bus driver stop the bus due to this person not displaying a
pass or anything??? Is this the kind of suspicious behaviour in these
terrorist times were surposed to ignore. TFL and the crime in London
is a joke..... I won't be living in London next year that is a fact.

Old January 27th 06, 04:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Lawrence, simple as that hey. Don't tell me (c) would of been buy a
gas mask?

Please don't make light of this as you didn't see the old people
throwing their guts up.

And avoiding (a) isn't an option in south east london.

Old January 27th 06, 04:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 27 Jan 2006 06:19:26 -0800, wrote:

I won't be living in London next year that is a fact.

In which case, you can congratulate yourself on letting "them" win.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War, and in Films & TV:
http://www.nickcooper.org.uk/
Old January 27th 06, 05:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
Lawrence, simple as that hey. Don't tell me (c) would of been buy a
gas mask?

Please don't make light of this as you didn't see the old people
throwing their guts up.

And avoiding (a) isn't an option in south east london.

Just consider how many bus journeys have been completed successfuly without
insert ethnicity here terrorists gassing people. It has to be an
absolutely fantastically minimal amount. As close to zero as statistically
possible. You should be more scared of being hit by the bus than insert
ethnicity here terrorists gassing you on it, as FAR more people die from
being smooshed by traffic than being hurt by said terrorists.

dave

Old January 27th 06, 05:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Nick Cooper" wrote in
message ...
On 27 Jan 2006 06:19:26 -0800, wrote:

I won't be living in London next year that is a fact.

In which case, you can congratulate yourself on letting "them" win.

It would only be a weirdo who would let pride stand in front of survival.

tnnc

Old January 27th 06, 08:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 27 Jan 2006 08:26:58 -0800, wrote:

Lawrence, simple as that hey. Don't tell me (c) would of been buy a
gas mask?

Please don't make light of this as you didn't see the old people
throwing their guts up.

And avoiding (a) isn't an option in south east london.

Oh, I know! But you sounded so like "Disgusted of Tonbridge Wells"
writing to the local paper :-)
Old January 27th 06, 11:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

And avoiding (a) isn't an option in south east london.

And the great majority of (a) don't go around bombing buses, or indeed
committing any more other crime than possibly the occasional speeding
offence or a bit of CD or DVD piracy.

Neil

Old January 28th 06, 12:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

text.news.ntlworld.com wrote:
"Nick Cooper" wrote in
message ...
On 27 Jan 2006 06:19:26 -0800, wrote:

I won't be living in London next year that is a fact.

In which case, you can congratulate yourself on letting "them" win.

It would only be a weirdo who would let pride stand in front of survival.

tnnc

That'll be the people who get killed in cars instead of using public
transport.

Old January 28th 06, 03:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"MIG" wrote in message
oups.com...

text.news.ntlworld.com wrote:
"Nick Cooper" wrote in
message ...
On 27 Jan 2006 06:19:26 -0800, wrote:

I won't be living in London next year that is a fact.

In which case, you can congratulate yourself on letting "them" win.

It would only be a weirdo who would let pride stand in front of survival.

That'll be the people who get killed in cars instead of using public
transport.

I do not understand how "won't be living in London next year" equates with
"will be driving a car instead of using public transport".

Perhaps you could explain how you forged the link?

tnnc