Old February 26th 06, 03:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default FREEDOM PASS

I GOT MY NEW FREEDOM PASS,,, VALID UNTIL MARCH 2010

Old February 26th 06, 04:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"barry.irwin1" typed

I GOT MY NEW FREEDOM PASS,,, VALID UNTIL MARCH 2010

Lucky thing! I'm still awaiting mine but I can use mine before 9am...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old February 26th 06, 04:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

barry.irwin1 wrote:
I GOT MY NEW FREEDOM PASS,,, VALID UNTIL MARCH 2010

www.freedompass.org says they are valid for two years until March 2008,
or perhaps that's just the renewed ones. Is this your first one or have
you just renewed the old one?

Anyway thanks for the reminder. I see I should have renewed mine last
week!
--
Richard J.

Old February 26th 06, 08:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Barry Salter wrote:
On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 16:22:51 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

barry.irwin1 wrote:
I GOT MY NEW FREEDOM PASS,,, VALID UNTIL MARCH 2010

www.freedompass.org says they are valid for two years until March
2008, or perhaps that's just the renewed ones. Is this your first
one or have you just renewed the old one?

Whilst the validity on the pass itself says 2006 or 2008, I think I'm
right in saying that the actual *card* has the expiry date encoded as
31st March 2010. Why this is, I'm not entirely sure, but there you
go...

That would mean that if you forgot or were not able to renew it, it
would still work for a time, which is friendly. Presumably they could
centrally block all cards that hadn't been renewed after, say, a month.
If you travel on an electronically valid card that says 31 Mar 2006, can
you get penalty-fared?
--
Richard J.

Old February 27th 06, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

barry.irwin1 wrote:
I GOT MY NEW FREEDOM PASS,,, VALID UNTIL MARCH 2010

www.freedompass.org says they are valid for two years until March 2008,
or perhaps that's just the renewed ones. Is this your first one or have
you just renewed the old one?

Whilst the validity on the pass itself says 2006 or 2008, I think I'm
right in saying that the actual *card* has the expiry date encoded as
31st March 2010. Why this is, I'm not entirely sure, but there you go...

The advert about renewal that I've seen shows the original card with
just a label stuck on giving the expiry date as 2008. So it may well be
that the card does not expire until 2010.

Has anybody checked what shows on the screen when the card is used on a
bus?
--
Thoss

[To reply, replace * with . in Reply-To address]

Old February 27th 06, 01:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

I GOT MY NEW FREEDOM PASS,,, VALID UNTIL MARCH 2010

www.freedompass.org says they are valid for two years until March 2008,
or perhaps that's just the renewed ones. Is this your first one or have
you just renewed the old one?

Whilst the validity on the pass itself says 2006 or 2008, I think I'm
right in saying that the actual *card* has the expiry date encoded as
31st March 2010. Why this is, I'm not entirely sure, but there you go...

The advert about renewal that I've seen shows the original card with
just a label stuck on giving the expiry date as 2008. So it may well be
that the card does not expire until 2010.

Has anybody checked what shows on the screen when the card is used on a
bus?

If you add a Freedom Pass to an Oyster online account the expiry shows
as 2010.

Old February 27th 06, 02:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

thoss typed

wrote:

barry.irwin1 wrote:
I GOT MY NEW FREEDOM PASS,,, VALID UNTIL MARCH 2010

www.freedompass.org says they are valid for two years until March 2008,
or perhaps that's just the renewed ones. Is this your first one or have
you just renewed the old one?

Whilst the validity on the pass itself says 2006 or 2008, I think I'm
right in saying that the actual *card* has the expiry date encoded as
31st March 2010. Why this is, I'm not entirely sure, but there you go...

The advert about renewal that I've seen shows the original card with
just a label stuck on giving the expiry date as 2008. So it may well be
that the card does not expire until 2010.

Has anybody checked what shows on the screen when the card is used on a
bus?

Zone 1-6 Travelcard, IIRC.
Can't remember any dates.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old February 28th 06, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"TKD" wrote in message
If you add a Freedom Pass to an Oyster online account the expiry shows
as 2010.

I don't suppose you can add pre-pay to them now can you? (for those who want
to travel before 9am)

Regards
Sunil

Old February 28th 06, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 21:15:36 -0000, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

"TKD" wrote in message
If you add a Freedom Pass to an Oyster online account the expiry shows
as 2010.

I don't suppose you can add pre-pay to them now can you? (for those who want
to travel before 9am)

No this is not possible. There is nothing to stop a person holding a
normal pre-pay Oyster card in addition though so they can travel at a
discount if they wish to travel before their Freedom Pass comes into
operation.

It is commonplace for people in HK to have more than one Octopus card -
I don't claim to understand why they do but they do.
--
Paul C