Old April 10th 06, 09:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default red route fine problem

I was on a red route when a parking bloke started writing out a ticket.He
was working for Transport for London..don't know if he's an attendant or an
officer.
Anyway, i drove off before he could put a ticket on my screen.I have now got
the reminder to pay.
I know they HAVE to fix it to the screen for it to be legal.Do they carry
cameras with them.? If I ask for proof of a photo with the ticket affixed
(which they clearly can't produce) will this be enough toget off the charge?
Or do i just pay to save the aggro?
please reply to (leave out the "nospam" part)

Old April 10th 06, 10:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Neil wrote:
I was on a red route when a parking bloke started writing out a
ticket.He was working for Transport for London..don't know if he's
an attendant or an officer.

Why do you believe he was working for TfL? According to
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/streets/about/...es-rules.shtml ,
"The Metropolitan Police Traffic Warden Service is responsible for
patrolling Red Routes."

Anyway, i drove off before he could put a ticket on my screen.I
have now got the reminder to pay.
I know they HAVE to fix it to the screen for it to be legal.

That's true only for Parking Attendants acting on behalf of local
councils. Police Traffic Wardens do NOT need to fix the ticket on the
vehicle. Under the different regulations that apply to them, you can be
notified by post.

Do they carry cameras with them.? If I ask for proof of a photo
with the ticket affixed (which they clearly can't produce) will this
be enough toget off the charge? Or do i just pay to save the aggro?

Pay up. You parked illegally on a red route.

please reply to (leave out the
"nospam" part)

If you post here, you get replies here.
--
Richard J.

Old April 11th 06, 04:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:56:14 GMT, "Neil" wrote:

I know they HAVE to fix it to the screen for it to be legal.

Not sure why you think this. It is incorrect.
Old April 11th 06, 06:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Neil wrote:
I was on a red route when a parking bloke started writing out a ticket.

I doubt that. I've travelled on red routes lot, and see parking blokes.
Never been written a ticket.

I assume what you mean was you were PARKED ILLEGALLY on a red route?

If I ask for proof of a photo with the ticket affixed
(which they clearly can't produce) will this be enough toget off the charge?

No. Parking fines have been around for decades, before the days of
readilly available cameras even, let alone digital cameras. The
inpectors notes will show how you are parked and it's up to you to
contest this. As you've already admitted on a public forum your illegal
activities I suspect you'd have a hard time, and if you do lie in court
you'll have the book thrown at you. Hopefully disqualification and car
crushing.

please reply to

No. This is a public forum, you post, we reply.

Old April 13th 06, 06:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

"Neil" wrote in message
I was on a red route when a parking bloke started writing out a ticket.He
was working for Transport for London..don't know if he's an attendant or an
officer.
Anyway, i drove off before he could put a ticket on my screen.I have now
got the reminder to pay.
I know they HAVE to fix it to the screen for it to be legal.Do they carry
cameras with them.? If I ask for proof of a photo with the ticket affixed
(which they clearly can't produce) will this be enough toget off the
charge? Or do i just pay to save the aggro?
please reply to (leave out the "nospam"
part)

don't break the rules, then you won't have to get upset when you get
punished. it's really that easy.