Old June 16th 06, 05:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Central Line Today

Anyone know what was happening on the Central line today?

Apparently there was a broken down train at Bank, which caused the line
to be suspended, but why did it take until the early afternoon to clear?

Also, Bank/Monument station was shut for a while this morning due to a
'Power Failure'. Was this connected, and does anyone know what was
actually going on?

Old June 16th 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Spyke wrote:
Anyone know what was happening on the Central line today?

Apparently there was a broken down train at Bank, which caused the line
to be suspended, but why did it take until the early afternoon to clear?

Also, Bank/Monument station was shut for a while this morning due to a
'Power Failure'. Was this connected, and does anyone know what was
actually going on?

Nothing confirmed publicly yet, but I have heard rumours of 'something
fell off the train' (not a motor this time!) and caused a bit of damage
to the track.

The power failure you referred to was probably when the current was
discharged to allow the evacuation of the train(s) stalled in the
tunnel.

Info from the BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5086396.stm

Old June 16th 06, 11:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Just a -VE shoe and bracket falling off, but with the usual Nanny State
response including the RAIB sticking their nose in and later RMT
drivers refusing to drive 1992TS "on the grounds of safety".

Old June 18th 06, 09:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Weaver" wrote:
wrote:
The power failure you referred to was probably when the current was
discharged to allow the evacuation of the train(s) stalled in the
tunnel.

Why couldn't the train edge forward and push the failed train out of
the way, or move the train behind the stuck train backwards and reverse
the stuck train back to Liverpool Street?

They had this problem a year or so back when a train stalled at bank
but (apparently) because of the curvature or the line there it couldn't be
coupled to by a following train and pushed out the way. So instead of
walking people out through the tunnels the morons in charge let hundreds
of people sweat it out for hours which let to dozens suffering from
heat exhaustion. I didn't see the news but it looks like something
similar though not quite as bad happened this time. You'd think that LU
would have a sensible procedure that they'd bring in to action quickly
for this sort of eventuality by now but then I suppose I'm not thinking
like someone in a public sector buck passing job.

B2003

Old June 19th 06, 09:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message

walking people out through the tunnels the morons in charge let hundreds
of people sweat it out for hours which let to dozens suffering from
heat exhaustion. I didn't see the news but it looks like something
similar though not quite as bad happened this time. You'd think that LU

Has anyone brought charges of common assault (at least) against LUL for
leaving them in a hot coach when evacuating would have been an option.
Me, I'd have busted the window and walked along the track if I'd've
had to wait more than say 30' between stations in that heat.

Richard [in SG19]