Old June 17th 06, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Silverlink Metro and Oyster

A friend has claimed that Silverlink customer service told him you can't
use a monthly Travelcard (on an Oystercard) on a section of their route
between Clapham Junction and Willesden Junction. That sounds odd to me -
does anyone know if it's true?

TIA,

Ian

Old June 17th 06, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 18:46:15 +0100, "Ian F."
wrote:

A friend has claimed that Silverlink customer service told him you can't
use a monthly Travelcard (on an Oystercard) on a section of their route
between Clapham Junction and Willesden Junction. That sounds odd to me -
does anyone know if it's true?

I would imagine it would be true if the zones on the travelcard did not
cover the journey to be made. However there is no restriction, all other
things being equal, as a result of the format of the ticket (magnetic or
Oyster). It would also be true to say that Pre-Pay auto extension (only
available on Oyster cards) would not work on that section. However to
re-iterate if the Travelcard is in date and for the correct zones then
it makes no difference if it is magnetic format or Oyster format.

People need to be specific about the details of these sorts of queries
and what exactly was said because the situation is presently very
complex and it is all too easy to give the wrong answer to some one.
--
Paul C

Old June 17th 06, 08:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

People need to be specific about the details of these sorts of queries
and what exactly was said because the situation is presently very
complex and it is all too easy to give the wrong answer to some one.

Thanks Paul - I'll check with him and report back.

Ian

Old June 17th 06, 08:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:

I would imagine it would be true if the zones on the travelcard did not
cover the journey to be made.

On a side note are there any plans to put Willesden Junction back into Zone
2 (or at least shared)? It's only been about ten years since it was shifted
fully into Zone 3 and with Hampstead Heath likely to go back to 2 this
leaves WJ the sole obstacle to having Orbirail entirely in Zone 2.

Old June 17th 06, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 20:14:08 +0100, "Tim Roll-Pickering"
wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

I would imagine it would be true if the zones on the travelcard did not
cover the journey to be made.

On a side note are there any plans to put Willesden Junction back into Zone
2 (or at least shared)? It's only been about ten years since it was shifted
fully into Zone 3 and with Hampstead Heath likely to go back to 2 this
leaves WJ the sole obstacle to having Orbirail entirely in Zone 2.

I haven't heard anything but given the general thrust of fares policy
and the fact that TfL are taking revenue risk on the North London
Railways concession I would imagine that the zonal situation at
Willesden Junction will change.
--
Paul C

Old June 18th 06, 01:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian F. wrote:
A friend has claimed that Silverlink customer service told him you can't
use a monthly Travelcard (on an Oystercard) on a section of their route
between Clapham Junction and Willesden Junction. That sounds odd to me -
does anyone know if it's true?

TIA,

Ian

--

As you've written it, it's definitely not true. An
annual/monthly/weekly Travelcard on an Oyster can be used, the Pre-Pay

Old June 18th 06, 04:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Keith Raeburn" wrote in message
oups.com...

As you've written it, it's definitely not true.

Many thanks, Keith.

Ian