Old July 23rd 06, 11:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 555/556/557 bus fares

Is there any way to figure out what the 555/556/557 bus fare is, say
between Hatton Cross and Ashford? All I can find online is that since
555/556/557 is not part of the London Bus Service (or something like
that), the fare may be different than the standard 1.50. (I'm think
that might be cheaper than 285 connecting to 117 to get from Heathrow
to Ashford which I guess would be 3.00. Or 2.00 if I just buy the
6-pack of bus tickets for 6.00.) I'm in London for 3 weeks and
staying at Heathrow and trying to get to the company office in
Ashford. Thanks. rk (at) mit (dot) edu

Old July 24th 06, 05:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Richard
Kovalcik writes

Is there any way to figure out what the 555/556/557 bus fare is, say
between Hatton Cross and Ashford? All I can find online is that since
555/556/557 is not part of the London Bus Service (or something like
that), the fare may be different than the standard 1.50.

http://www.travellondonbus.co.uk/news/faqs.asp#costs

Quote: Prices vary according to the distance traveled along any of our
routes, ranging from £1.10 through to £3.80 for the longest journeys.
Return fares, which are considerably cheaper than two singles, are
available on all routes, as are our ‘10 for 8’ single tickets offer.

Unless someone here has experience of that particular journey, you would
probably need to contact Travel London for a precise figure - but it is
only a 15-minute trip, so I would expect it to be around 1.50.

Timetables are he

http://www.travellondonbus.co.uk/tts...asp?ServID=450

--
Paul Terry
Old July 24th 06, 11:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Richard
Kovalcik writes

[...]

Thanks. I turns out the fare is 2.20 between Hatton Cross and High
Street Ashford.