Old November 12th 06, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Congestion charge start and finish times

The extension to the congestion charge zone is coming close and my
usual drive to work will be right through it. As I work shifts there
will be times when I will be going home or starting work just as the
zone is starting / finishing.

Is there any way of knowing exactly when the zone stops operating ? If
my watch says 1830 will I still have to pay. Is there a couple of
minutes leeway or can I synchronize my watch with TFL ?

Obviously the last thing I want is a £100 fine for leaving work a
minute early ! My workplace is just outside the zone so I can get
there but it is much quicker driving direct.

Old November 12th 06, 08:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 wrote:

The extension to the congestion charge zone is coming close and my
usual drive to work will be right through it. As I work shifts there
will be times when I will be going home or starting work just as the
zone is starting / finishing.

Is there any way of knowing exactly when the zone stops operating ? If
my watch says 1830 will I still have to pay. Is there a couple of
minutes leeway or can I synchronize my watch with TFL ?

Obviously the last thing I want is a £100 fine for leaving work a
minute early ! My workplace is just outside the zone so I can get
there but it is much quicker driving direct.

I believe finishing time will move to 6:00 p,m,
--
Thoss
Old November 12th 06, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

As for timing, I suggest either synchronising your watch with the
talking clock or trying the car radio!

94.9 BBC radio London announce the end of congestion charging each day.

As Dave says, the new finish time is 1800 so you'll be fine at 18.30.

When you say 'my usual route to work is *through* the zone, do you
actually work *in* in, if not there may be a free route you can use.

Old November 12th 06, 10:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

94.9 BBC radio London announce the end of congestion charging each day.

Thanks for that i will keep tuned in

As Dave says, the new finish time is 1800 so you'll be fine at 18.30.

When you say 'my usual route to work is *through* the zone, do you
actually work *in* in, if not there may be a free route you can use.

I work at Paddington so will be able to go around when zone is in
operation.

Old November 13th 06, 01:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

http://waveceptor.casio.com/

Old November 13th 06, 05:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 01:23:21 -0000, "John Rowland"

Is there any way of knowing exactly when the zone stops operating ?
If my watch says 1830 will I still have to pay. Is there a couple of
minutes leeway or can I synchronize my watch with TFL ?

http://waveceptor.casio.com/

Nice watches, use both MSF and DCF but not as sensitive as some other
models. However TFL did miss a trick (deliberately?) by not actively
signalling the zone. If Casio say 18:30 (from Feb 19 18:00) but you
get a ticket, who trumps whom? They can't get times on pay & display
machines right (compare display times with said Casio: some are
minutes out).
--
Old anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com appears broke
So back to cmylod at bigfoot dot com
Old November 13th 06, 07:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

http://waveceptor.casio.com/

Nice watches, use both MSF and DCF but not as sensitive as some other
models. However TFL did miss a trick (deliberately?) by not actively
signalling the zone. If Casio say 18:30 (from Feb 19 18:00) but you
get a ticket, who trumps whom? They can't get times on pay & display
machines right (compare display times with said Casio: some are
minutes out).

Even the Swiss can't get it right -- the ticket machine at CERN
was always stamping tickets 5-10 minutes early.

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN
Old November 14th 06, 12:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

http://waveceptor.casio.com/

Nice watches, use both MSF and DCF but not as sensitive as some other
models. However TFL did miss a trick (deliberately?) by not actively
signalling the zone. If Casio say 18:30 (from Feb 19 18:00) but you
get a ticket, who trumps whom? They can't get times on pay & display
machines right (compare display times with said Casio: some are
minutes out).

A ticket machine is self-contained. The CC cameras all link to a central
computer, on which you would hope the time is right. But there should be
electronic signs on the zone boundary though! As usual, all the technology
in the world is used to fine us, but a single LED per sign to help us is
considered not worth it.