Old January 18th 07, 04:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Annual Oyster and Photocard

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:24:40 GMT, "Bob Wood"
wrote:

In ,
Paul Corfield typed:

Yes but first a question. What zones / travel is your Annual
Oystercard valid for? I can't see that info in your post and it is
absolutely vital.

I have been through the latest staff document for Fares and Tickets
and what is says is the following :-

A photocard is *not needed* to buy and use any Adult Rate Travelcard
or Bus Pass on Oyster.

A photocard *is needed* to buy or use :-

a) monthly or longer period Travelcards that include validity to a
National Rail station beyond Zones 1-6
b) monthly or longer period Tube only point to point season tickets
(between stations in Zones A-D) issued before 2/1/07 until expiry of
ticket.
c) 7 day, monthly or longer period National Rail only season
ticket.

This seems an odd question. Would any of these tickets *ever* be issued
on an Oystercard?.

As Travelcards with validity beyond the zones can be sold from LU
offices then these tickets most certainly are issued on Oyster. An
additional "record card" is produced that shows the NR validity outside
the zones to allow ticket inspection.

Point to Point LU only seasons certainly were prior to 2/1/07 but these
have now been supplanted by having to use PAYG.

For NR only seasons I would be surprised if these were issued on Oyster
but I have to say that I don't know if supplies of magnetic ticket
blanks are still provided for this purpose. If we have a LU booking
clerk lurking in the background perhaps they can chip in on this point.
--
Paul C

Old January 18th 07, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In ,
Paul Corfield typed:
wrote:

[...]

But neither b) nor c) would be valid at Liverpool Street Underground, so
the OP would hardly have been talking about either of them.

--
Bob

Old January 18th 07, 07:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

[Paul Corfield]
A photocard *is needed* to buy or use :-

a) monthly or longer period Travelcards that include validity to a
National Rail station beyond Zones 1-6
b) monthly or longer period Tube only point to point season tickets
(between stations in Zones A-D) issued before 2/1/07 until expiry of
ticket.
c) 7 day, monthly or longer period National Rail only season
ticket.

[Bob Wood]
But neither b) nor c) would be valid at Liverpool Street Underground, so
the OP would hardly have been talking about either of them.

True, but I have still found it interesting.
--
Michael Hoffman
Old January 18th 07, 07:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:07:07 +0000, Michael Hoffman
wrote:

[Paul Corfield]
A photocard *is needed* to buy or use :-

a) monthly or longer period Travelcards that include validity to a
National Rail station beyond Zones 1-6
b) monthly or longer period Tube only point to point season tickets
(between stations in Zones A-D) issued before 2/1/07 until expiry of
ticket.
c) 7 day, monthly or longer period National Rail only season
ticket.

[Bob Wood]
But neither b) nor c) would be valid at Liverpool Street Underground, so
the OP would hardly have been talking about either of them.

True, but I have still found it interesting.

That's why I posted the full set of information - in the hope it may
inform / interest the rest of the group.
--
Paul C

Old January 18th 07, 08:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:43:28 GMT, Bob Wood wrote:

[...]

To be pedantic, c) might be. NR-only season tickets that are valid
between Stratford and Liverpool Street (e.g. Romford to London
Terminals) are also valid on the Central Line between those stations.

Old January 18th 07, 09:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

According to the conditions of carriage, no adult Oyster Travelcard
requires a photocard.
See page 25 of
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...ary-2-2007.pdf

Old January 19th 07, 05:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

clicks on link, wades through 41 pages

But it says that if you have a printed ticket you do need one. As
Travelcards with out boundary validity consist of an Oyster and a
printed ticket for the out boundary section only then you need a
photocard. I believe this is because NR have not scrapped the
requirement for photocards for seasons on their services.

I don't understand why people seem to be seeking to establish that I am
somehow wrong / incorrect in having quoted directly from LU's own staff
guidance on ticketing matters. I was only trying to help - sheeesh!

--
Paul C

Old January 21st 07, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Register Oyster with international address (was: Annual Oysterand Photocard)

While on that topic, is it possible to register an Oyster at an
address outside the UK yet? When I attempted in 2005, the agent at
Notting Hill Gate seemed annoyed that I even tried.

I don't think so. I tried a couple of months ago and it did not work.

When I got mine in 2004 at Stratford, I just wrote my German address on
the form and they did not complain. Interesting enough there seems to be
no country field in the address shown online.

If they refuse to register you and thus limit your usage of the
Oystercard (no refund if lost, no monthly travelcard etc.) it is a clear
discrimination against Citizens of the European Union and thus illegal.
The European Commission
http://ec.europa.eu/comm/competition...sumer_liaison/
might be interested.

Martin