Old September 13th 03, 04:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Glos Rd to Wembley tomorrow

I need to drive from the northern section of Gloucester Road to the Wembley
Park area tomorrow lunchtime. Last time I did this (although from a slightly
different location in Kensington) I went out on the Cromwell Rd to Earls
Court, then A3220, A40 Westway, A406 North Circ and (accidentally) off at Gt
Central Way and around the Stadium diversion. (I meant to go up to Neasden
Junction and then use Neasden Lane instead).

I'd like to know if people think this is quicker than any other route, such
as via Westbourne Park and the Harrow Road, or up to White City as before
but up Scrubs Lane to Willesden Jcn and then via Neasden or Stonebridge
Park.

TIA.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old September 13th 03, 11:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message ...
I need to drive from the northern section of Gloucester Road to the Wembley
Park area tomorrow lunchtime. Last time I did this (although from a slightly
different location in Kensington) I went out on the Cromwell Rd to Earls
Court, then A3220, A40 Westway, A406 North Circ and (accidentally) off at Gt
Central Way and around the Stadium diversion. (I meant to go up to Neasden
Junction and then use Neasden Lane instead).

I'd like to know if people think this is quicker than any other route, such
as via Westbourne Park and the Harrow Road, or up to White City as before
but up Scrubs Lane to Willesden Jcn and then via Neasden or Stonebridge
Park.

If you want to get to the A40, a better route is through Hyde Park
then Gloucester Terrace. (You'll need to reach Kensington Gore from
Queens Terrace to turn right).

A straighter route is to go up Westbourne Terrace then follow the A404
all the way to Wembley, but this will be full of busy traffic.

My preferred route is therefore to turn right into Chippenham Road,
left into Shirland Road and right into Fernhead Road (there are other
ways to get through there). Around the one-way system and into
Solusbury Road, past Queens Park station. This leads to Brondesbury
Park and then left into Willesden High Road (A407), and at 3-way
traffic light, right into Dudden Hill Road (A4088). Follow this past
the big "Neasden Lane" roundabout under the North Circular after which
it becomes Blackbird Hill and at the next roundabout it becomes Forty
Lane. Turn left into Bridge Road (A4089) then take left-fork at
one-way system into Empire Way.
Old September 14th 03, 01:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

I need to drive from the northern section of Gloucester Road
to the Wembley Park area tomorrow lunchtime.

Isn't Wembley Market on Sunday? The traffic jams will be beyond belief.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped