Old April 22nd 09, 07:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default DLR Derailment Vehicle Back, no RAIB Report

I've just spotted DLR unit 87 back in service for the first time since
the derailment just over a year ago (unit 62 at the back end was back
in service within a week).

This reminded me that there still doesn't seem to have been an RAIB
report. This seems like a long time for something that seemed quite
straightforward at the time.

Old April 22nd 09, 09:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 22, 8:03*pm, MIG wrote:
I've just spotted DLR unit 87 back in service for the first time since
the derailment just over a year ago (unit 62 at the back end was back
in service within a week).

This reminded me that there still doesn't seem to have been an RAIB
report. *This seems like a long time for something that seemed quite
straightforward at the time.

Blimey, was that a whole year ago! My issues with temporal
displacement notwithstanding, RAIB were definitely in attendance at
Deptford Bridge after the derailment happened because I saw one of
their 4x4 vehicles there (adorned with the RAIB logo).
Old April 22nd 09, 10:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Apr 22, 10:18*pm, Mizter T wrote:
On Apr 22, 8:03*pm, MIG wrote:

I've just spotted DLR unit 87 back in service for the first time since
the derailment just over a year ago (unit 62 at the back end was back
in service within a week).

This reminded me that there still doesn't seem to have been an RAIB
report. *This seems like a long time for something that seemed quite
straightforward at the time.

Blimey, was that a whole year ago! My issues with temporal
displacement notwithstanding, RAIB were definitely in attendance at
Deptford Bridge after the derailment happened because I saw one of
their 4x4 vehicles there (adorned with the RAIB logo).

The page still just says that there will be a report.

http://www.raib.gov.uk/publications/...4_deptford.cfm
Old April 23rd 09, 12:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 22, 8:03*pm, MIG wrote:

I've just spotted DLR unit 87 back in service for the first time since
the derailment just over a year ago (unit 62 at the back end was back
in service within a week).

This reminded me that there still doesn't seem to have been an RAIB
report. *This seems like a long time for something that seemed quite
straightforward at the time.

Blimey, was that a whole year ago! My issues with temporal
displacement notwithstanding, RAIB were definitely in attendance at
Deptford Bridge after the derailment happened because I saw one of
their 4x4 vehicles there (adorned with the RAIB logo).

The page still just says that there will be a report.

http://www.raib.gov.uk/publications/...ons_register/0...

Might publication be delayed pending possible court action? I seem to
recall reports of the BTP interviewing people there. The general
consensus over on uk.railway at least is that the BTP did no-one any
favours by sticking their noses in and launching an investigation
after Ladbroke Grove - however if, for example, there was negligence
of an unmistakable magnitude then perhaps such considerations might
not apply.

I should stress that this is all pure speculation on my part - I am
privy to no insider information whatsoever with regards to this all.