Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: SB
Forum: London Transport July 10th 15, 05:22 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By SB
How well off are London's tube drivers and why are they striking?

Forum: London Transport September 23rd 14, 06:53 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By SB
Super-sewer disruption along the Thames

You might have missed the FOUR page announcement (in small type) in the Evening Standard of the compulsory access (and destruction) by Thames Water (owned by the Chinese Communist Government - don't...
Forum: London Transport January 23rd 14, 05:17 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By SB
Scum Threaten Commuters At Edmonton Green

We come from a family who used to live in Edmonton. Before WW2 we had a butchers shop on the Green. Then the area was of true North Londoners - salt of the earth. Our family lived though the blitz...
Forum: London Transport September 11th 12, 08:41 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By SB
Man dies at Hayes and Harlington station

Man dies at Hayes and Harlington station

Sep 11 2012 By Carl...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 12, 12:51 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By SB
Railway workers jailed for stealing £1.5m worth of track to sell for scrap

Railway workers jailed for stealing £1.5m worth of track to sell for
scrap

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/903975-railway-workers-jailed-for-stealing-1-5m-worth-of-track-to-sell-for-scrap

Five rail...
Forum: London Transport June 2nd 12, 07:02 PM
Replies: 69
Posted By SB
Epping - Ongar Railway Now Open

Surprisingly this is a topic missed by the Group.

And what a great line it is turning out to be. This morning we went to
Epping on the Central Line where we were picked up by a Green...
Forum: London Transport February 16th 12, 01:54 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By SB
Chaos at Paddington - continues ...

On Feb 15, 6:06*pm, "Richard J." wrote:
Paul Scott wrote on 15 February 2012
17:02:44 ...

*wrote...
Forum: London Transport February 15th 12, 03:34 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By SB
Chaos at Paddington - continues ...

On Feb 15, 12:17*am, "Richard J." wrote:
Duncan wrote on 14 February 2012 22:21:08 ...

In articlea4d85cb8-8e31-4fbd-a44c-
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 12, 06:57 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By SB
Massive Disruption at Euston

On Feb 3, 6:33*pm, SB wrote:
Freight train derailed. All passenger services suspended in and out.

National Rail website:

A locomotive became derailed near Bletchley in...
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 12, 06:33 PM
Replies: 1

Forum: London Transport February 2nd 12, 02:04 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By SB
Connaught Tunnel for Crossrail or not?

Crossrail searches disused east London tunnel for WWII bombs

The Connaught Tunnel was built in 1878 and runs under the Royal Docks

A disused tunnel under the Royal Docks in east London is...
Forum: London Transport January 28th 12, 10:30 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By SB
Post Office Railway - mothballed?

On Jan 27, 12:15*pm, CJB wrote:

Forum: London Transport January 28th 12, 04:31 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By SB
MASSIVE DISRUPTION AT READING - SAT 28 / 1 / 2012

MASSIVE DISRUPTION AT READING - SAT 28 / 1 / 2012

All trains (just about) cancelled between Reading and the West from
mid-day to late evening (incl. inbound to Paddington); and also most
locals...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 12, 11:21 AM
Replies: 1,201
Posted By SB
CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

This from Boston. The CharlieCard is an Oyster-type pre-paid cardcard
used in Boston. Ditto Octopus in HKG.

Subject: Expiring CharlieCards causing confusion and...
Forum: London Transport December 29th 11, 11:30 AM
Replies: 643
Posted By SB
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could it happen here...??

Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 00:21:23 +0100
From: weberwu
Subject: Single point of failure in the Berlin Train System

The Berlin light rail train system, plagued by problems for...
Forum: London Transport December 29th 11, 11:28 AM
Replies: 76
Posted By SB
Metal Thefts Soar ...

On Dec 29, 10:07*am, "Ian" wrote:

On 28/12/2011 17:01,...
Forum: London Transport December 28th 11, 12:05 AM
Replies: 76
Posted By SB
Metal Thefts Soar ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/search/news/?q=metal%20thefts

====

Scrap metal raids: Police seize tonnes of rail cable

The British Transport Police (BTP) regards metal theft second only to
terrorism in its...
Forum: London Transport December 27th 11, 11:58 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By SB
Fluffers - still employed?

Just seen a short clip on BBC 4 in the Dark series of archival clips
on Tuesday evening (23.55). Are 'fluffers' still employed to clean the
London Underground tracks? SB
Forum: London Transport November 19th 11, 07:33 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By SB
B**y Borris Bikes and other Cyclists in London

Today is Saturday and I have have been walking the streets of London
doing Xmas shopping along with thousands of others. But I live here;
most of the others are tourists. However London is very bad...
Forum: London Transport July 19th 11, 11:51 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By SB
Massive Disruption at Paddington - Suicide at Hayes & Harlington

On Jul 19, 10:39*pm, wrote:
In article ,

Please tell me how on earth...
Forum: London Transport June 30th 11, 09:00 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By SB
Yet another person hit by a train at Southall

On Jun 27, 1:57*pm, Chris Tolley (ukonline
really) wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

Sadly this section of line has a high suicide...
Forum: London Transport April 5th 11, 01:38 AM
Replies: 110
Posted By SB
Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

Sadly there was yet another person hit by a train at Southall on
Monday evening (yesterday).

http://www.firstgreatwestern.info/coffeeshop/index.php?topic=669.msg87663

This is very sad - but why so...
Forum: London Transport June 23rd 10, 07:05 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By SB
Massive Disruption at Paddington

Trains cancelled to Worcester. Trains cancelled to Wales and West
Country. Trains cancelled to Oxford and Bourne End and also to Henley.
All other trains subject to huge delays. Reason =...
Forum: London Transport May 11th 10, 04:12 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By SB
Stopping Getting Tail-Gated on Underground / NR

How is it possible to stop getting tail-gated by dishonest commuters,
down and outs, and other opportunists? Usually I hesitate just after
passing through the gates of a gateline. But invariably some...
Forum: London Transport April 20th 10, 03:17 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By SB
Sickening Stench at Paddington

Today 20-4-2010,I passed though Paddington Station and there was a
thick and sickening smell of paint being sprayed above the main
Concourse. The contractors were obviously spray painting the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37

Forum Jump