Showing results 1 to 25 of 72
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: AstraVanMan
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 07, 06:22 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By AstraVanMan
Costs against counsel over parking ticket.

"Ian F." wrote:
I later measured those distances as 47 and 53 centimetres.

That's not 'parking' - that's 'leaving the car in the middle of the road
and doing a...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 07, 06:32 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By AstraVanMan
Islington to Gatwick, early morning.

Or, thinking about it, you could go from King's Cross Thameslink - though
coming back London Bridge would probably be easier if you've got...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 07, 02:00 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By AstraVanMan
Islington to Gatwick, early morning.

"David F" wrote:
Think I'd prefer to either go for the driving option, or find a cheapo
hotel near the airport and travel the night before.Jeez, why? It's only
Forum: London Transport January 29th 07, 01:53 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By AstraVanMan
Islington to Gatwick, early morning.

"David F" wrote:
Hi Folks - hopefully someone can help me. I'm travelling to Gatwick
Airport on Thursday morning. My flight leaves at 12.30 and am supposed
to be there about...
Forum: London Transport January 28th 07, 11:42 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By AstraVanMan
Green Park Interchange

"Raymond Kirk" wrote:
Thanks guys for the advice.

It worked a treat!

If you need to change from the Pic to the Vic line at Green Park, goto the
last car on the Pic...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 07, 07:14 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By AstraVanMan
Parking near the M3 to get the tube

"Richard J." wrote:
Parking in Richmond's Old Deer Park car park (adjacent to the A316,
which is the continuation of the M3) is currently £5 for up to six
hours...
Forum: London Transport November 27th 06, 02:11 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By AstraVanMan
Travelcard coming from outside London, not going via a London Terminal

"Fig" wrote:
the train pulled in to Feltham just as
I walked into the station. Sorted, respect due.

You weren't watching a Harry Hill recording by any chance?

LOL - as it...
Forum: London Transport November 26th 06, 05:51 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By AstraVanMan
Travelcard coming from outside London, not going via a London Terminal

Aye, think you're right there. It's something I've picked up a leaflet
for but not bothered doing anything with. I know some...
Forum: London Transport November 26th 06, 02:11 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By AstraVanMan
Travelcard coming from outside London, not going via a London Terminal

As it happened I was advised to avoid Twickenham due to the Rugby
(non-issue as it happened due to the time I travelled vs time...
Forum: London Transport November 25th 06, 11:09 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By AstraVanMan
Travelcard coming from outside London, not going via a London Terminal

"Paul Corfield" wrote:
I tried to make the subject line longer, honestly I did.....

I'm travelling from Bracknell to Teddington Studios tonight, and was
wondering if...
Forum: London Transport November 25th 06, 02:06 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By AstraVanMan
Travelcard coming from outside London, not going via a London Terminal

I tried to make the subject line longer, honestly I did.....

I'm travelling from Bracknell to Teddington Studios tonight, and was
wondering if there's any sort of travelcard I can get that only...
Forum: London Transport November 12th 06, 07:19 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By AstraVanMan
Questions on the 2016 London Transport map esp the trams

"Tristán White" wrote:
Just had another look at what is without a doubt my favourite London
transport map:
Forum: London Transport November 5th 06, 01:49 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By AstraVanMan
Do national rail tickets work at Faringdon?

"Heracles Pollux" wrote:
If people specifically wanted to
know what the guy looked like, then his colour of skin, along with other
descriptors like his...
Forum: London Transport November 5th 06, 12:42 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By AstraVanMan
F&*&%^& toilets

"Tristán White" wrote:
The official reason for closing the toilets early is apparently
something to do with vandalism. Well why don't they have a coin system
Forum: London Transport November 5th 06, 12:40 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By AstraVanMan
Do national rail tickets work at Faringdon?

"Heracles Pollux" wrote:
...and then some black man in a blue hat
wouldn't let me out the other end without an argument...

And the significance of a...

Forum: London Transport October 26th 06, 01:57 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By AstraVanMan
Any suggestions on the best route?

"PHH699" wrote:
1) Vauxhall is a far easier (and shorter) change than Waterloo from train
to Tube

Haven't often changed at Vauxhall, but Waterloo from train to tube's...
Forum: London Transport October 7th 06, 06:04 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By AstraVanMan
Heathrow to Blackheath?

Heathrow to Blackheath in an hour would be a struggle by any mode of
transport. More like 1:30 on a good day. And probably closer to 2...
Forum: London Transport October 7th 06, 01:06 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By AstraVanMan
Heathrow to Blackheath?

"Mizter T" wrote:
Indeed - just worked it out very roughly on Memory-Map Navigator and it's
around 49 miles from J15 to the J3 for the M20/A20 - there's no way in
Forum: London Transport October 7th 06, 11:06 AM
Replies: 43
Posted By AstraVanMan
Heathrow to Blackheath?

"Mizter T" wrote:
Unfortunately I think you'll be very lucky to land at 10pm and get to
Blackheath by 11pm.

Paul C's route described elsewhere on this thread sounds...
Forum: London Transport October 6th 06, 09:59 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By AstraVanMan
Heathrow to Blackheath?

"Jkf" wrote:
I'm trying to do something that may be impossible...help would be
appreciated. I will be arriving Friday night at Heathrow in a few
weeks. I imagine I'll be...
Forum: London Transport September 28th 06, 04:57 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By AstraVanMan
Railair Heathrow-Reading CANCELLED

"Roland Perry" wrote:
(in any case, if I paid to go on a horrible coach and then found myself
on a comfortable train instead, then I'd be delighted - all too often
this...
Forum: London Transport September 28th 06, 04:55 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By AstraVanMan
Railair Heathrow-Reading CANCELLED

"Peter Smyth" wrote:
Don't know what's going on but FGW cancelled the Railair to Reading
this evening and pax had to go via Hayes & Harlington Station. That is
Forum: London Transport September 27th 06, 01:27 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By AstraVanMan
Strand Underpass

"John Rowland" wrote:
Out of interest, where did this spring from?

My head,

Are there talks of
making it into some sort of tidal flow...
Forum: London Transport September 26th 06, 09:12 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By AstraVanMan
Strand Underpass

"John Rowland" wrote:
While I can see that capacity problems at the Strand/Lancaster Place
junction might be an argument for the underpass to be...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 72

Forum Jump