Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.28 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Richard J.
Forum: London Transport November 27th 06, 08:18 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Richard J.
Waterloo to South Bank Walkway

Jack Taylor wrote:

Like you, I find it surprising that it wasn't continued on to the South
Bank and either linked to the upstream Hungerford Bridge (I refuse to
refer to them as the Millenium...
Forum: London Transport November 21st 06, 05:17 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Richard J.
Premature T5 diagram at Ealing Common

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:03:27 -0000, "John Rowland"
Forum: London Transport November 21st 06, 04:57 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By Richard J.
Arrrrrrrrgh

"David of Broadway" wrote in message

Aside from history, why does the Tube use gates rather than turnstiles?

They are...
Forum: London Transport November 20th 06, 10:38 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Richard J.
Wood Lane & Shepherds Bush Market

Paul Scott wrote:
confirmed as names of stations on Hammersmith & City Line in TfL press
release:

Forum: London Transport November 17th 06, 07:58 AM
Replies: 31
Posted By Richard J.
Stratford Central Line signal

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message , Richard J.
writes

Nothing. In fac rumour has it that the white aspects are...
Forum: London Transport November 16th 06, 08:02 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Richard J.
Stratford Central Line signal

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message , Barry Salter
writes

Nothing. In fac rumour has it that the white aspects are going...
Forum: London Transport November 15th 06, 08:22 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Richard J.
Stratford Central Line signal

TheOneKEA wrote:
Boltar wrote:

It wasn't appropriate to use yellow, as on traditional signalling
systems that would indicate to the driver that...
Forum: London Transport November 14th 06, 01:27 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Richard J.
Tony Blair support for Crossrail

Kev wrote:
wrote:

I caught a bit of the news last night and they showed Tony Blair
speaking at the Mansion House dinner claiming that the City and the
government...
Forum: London Transport November 12th 06, 07:52 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Richard J.
Is TOX back?

Boltar wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
Poland, but I'm sure it will happen. Certainly the French have no
hesitation in ticketing me in Paris! :-(

Did they pursue you for the money or did you...
Forum: London Transport November 11th 06, 10:39 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Richard J.
Is TOX back?

jonmorris wrote:
Boltar wrote:
Or foreign ones. Surprise surprise theres a huge amount of polish
plates around london now not to mention latvian and lithuanian and
the drivers
of these...
Forum: London Transport November 11th 06, 07:52 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Richard J.
Tidal flooding in Chiswick

Steve wrote:

I think the quote is just wrong. The road is particularly low at
this point as there is a draw dock there (a slope down to...
Forum: London Transport November 10th 06, 08:58 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Richard J.
Tidal flooding in Chiswick

Steve wrote:
On 9 Nov 2006 11:04:38 -0800, wrote:
but in between I
suppose it must be due to higher flows down the Thames.

Steve, for some reason I'm told that your...
Forum: London Transport November 2nd 06, 08:20 AM
Replies: 58
Posted By Richard J.
Oyster - Meant to make your life easier??!

Robin Mayes wrote:
"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote in message

Touch in and touch out within an...
Forum: London Transport October 27th 06, 09:23 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By Richard J.
London Hauptbahnhof

Ian Jelf wrote on 25 Oct 2006:

My copy of the County of London Plan is currently inaccessible due to
planned engineering works in what used to be our dining room.......

Ian Jelf then wrote on 27...
Forum: London Transport October 27th 06, 03:52 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Richard J.
Interesting cab ride...

istrebityel wrote:

[snip]
So all in all it's an event I'll remember for a long time to come.
For my part, I'm still genuinely amazed at the way he was acting.
I did consider taking his number...
Forum: London Transport October 26th 06, 11:18 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Richard J.
Any suggestions on the best route?

Mizter T wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:

(snip)

If I was making the journey I would opt for the tube option as you
might get a seat as far out as Hounslow (possibly!) and then you
Forum: London Transport October 25th 06, 11:10 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Richard J.
Stratford to North Woolwich

Tristán White wrote:
Barry Salter wrote in news:ehoiuj$oia$1
:

SNIP
The only times it seems to suggest using Silverlink are if you...
Forum: London Transport October 22nd 06, 08:51 PM
Replies: 107
Posted By Richard J.
Rail network in London to adopt zonal fares

wrote:
The cheap day return fares are completely pointless though as a
travelcard would be cheaper. So the actual price would be £4.90
for CJ-FP and £6.30 for...
Forum: London Transport October 22nd 06, 11:54 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Richard J.
Firework Danger at Heathrow?

Colin wrote:
The fireworks were exploding all over the area. There was certainly
no attempt at an 'exclusion zone' along the glide slope, so there
was the potential for rockets to actually hit...
Forum: London Transport October 22nd 06, 01:02 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Richard J.
Firework Danger at Heathrow?

Colin wrote:
Coming back along the A30 this evening it was like a war-zone, with
Diwali fireworks all over the sky in the Cranford / Hatton /
Hounslow West area.
These pyrotechnics were...
Forum: London Transport October 21st 06, 05:03 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Richard J.
Ease of interchange on the tube

Mizter T wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:06:05 +0100, Steve M
wrote:

(snip)

There are a few of these cross-platform interchanges...
Forum: London Transport October 21st 06, 03:17 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Richard J.
Ease of interchange on the tube

wrote:
Does anyone know of a good resource for finding out the ease of
interchange between lines at London Underground interchange
stations? I happen to know, for example,...
Forum: London Transport October 15th 06, 09:05 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Richard J.
Transport for London and Geography

Give Geography its Place wrote:
Would TfL like Geography Education to be strong in Secondary Schools
and in the public? If so, support the Give Geography its Place
campaign by signing the...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 06, 09:23 AM
Replies: 20
Posted By Richard J.
Oyster travelcard recharge

wrote:
asdf wrote:

When I asked how else I could have credited my card the station
assistant at Bow Road...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 06, 01:03 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Richard J.
Congested cul-de-sacs

Stephen Farrow wrote: