Showing results 1 to 25 of 56
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Richard M Willis
Forum: London Transport July 11th 06, 11:41 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Richard M Willis
Hammersmith/Congestion Charge question

"Dene Wilby" wrote in message
news:2006071109200516807-denew@nospammaccom...
Hi,

Apologies if this sounds dumb but I don't know London too well from a
drivers point of...
Forum: London Transport July 6th 06, 08:15 AM
Replies: 68
Posted By Richard M Willis
Tube could close in future heatwaves

"Mike Roebuck" wrote in message

Times have changed.

North Country Continental, Gresley buffet car, headed for Harwich,
December 1983:

"Please could I have some hot...
Forum: London Transport July 5th 06, 07:52 AM
Replies: 68
Posted By Richard M Willis
Tube could close in future heatwaves

Charles Ellson ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they...
Forum: London Transport July 5th 06, 07:48 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Richard M Willis
Arlesey - KX commute

"R.K. Harle" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone happen to know what the commuter trains into London from
Arlesey (i.e. the...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 06, 10:40 AM
Replies: 68
Posted By Richard M Willis
Tube could close in future heatwaves

"Kev" wrote in message

Something that I have always puzzled over is that if people now wander
off for more than 5 minutes from their home they have to take water
with them to...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 06, 10:36 AM
Replies: 35
Posted By Richard M Willis
Payment on exit (was: LUL false advertising)

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message

journeys and at entry on outward. This was done in order to
concentrate the majority of revenue on one point which was (presumably)
a...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 06, 10:18 AM
Replies: 190
Posted By Richard M Willis
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

"James Farrar" wrote in message

Simply wrong. It's the singular form of pence in the same way that
pound is the singular form of pounds.

"penny" is the singular form...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 06, 10:16 AM
Replies: 190
Posted By Richard M Willis
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

£1 coin is a "One pounds coin" and
£10.50 is either "Ten point five pounds", or "One thousand and 50 pence"
Yes. Those are all valid.

I...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 06, 09:31 AM
Replies: 190
Posted By Richard M Willis
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

In message , at 09:16:52 on
Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Richard M Willis...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 06, 08:16 AM
Replies: 190
Posted By Richard M Willis
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

"Chris Tolley" wrote in message

lower than when people talk about "one pence coins").

What is wrong with "one pence coins" ?

Richard [inSG19]
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 06, 08:13 AM
Replies: 20
Posted By Richard M Willis
What is the jurisdiction of the BTP?

I only ask because I thought they only had their police powers on railway
property and a few other...
Forum: London Transport June 30th 06, 02:27 PM
Replies: 190
Posted By Richard M Willis
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?/British Standard BS7666.

Which County is BRISTOL in these days? And, is it EDINBURGH Midlothian
(the old county) or EDINBURGH Lothian (the new...
Forum: London Transport June 30th 06, 02:25 PM
Replies: 190
Posted By Richard M Willis
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?/British Standard BS7666.

wrote in message

use of counties in UK addresses is unusual compared with other
territories and inconsistent. E.g. So many postal towns now longer
need to be...
Forum: London Transport June 30th 06, 02:03 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Richard M Willis
The best non-interchange interchanges

"asdf" wrote in message .

Regent's Park is closing for a year for lift replacement. One thing
that struck me as odd is that although it's practically across the
road...
Forum: London Transport June 30th 06, 01:50 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Richard M Willis
LUL false advertising

"David Howdon" wrote in
message

Actually I think that might cause problems as well. I've done this
(admittedly within my season ticket zones) when...
Forum: London Transport June 29th 06, 04:06 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Richard M Willis
LUL false advertising

"Mizter T" wrote in message You need not touch in or
out if you

However if you're going to
travel out-of-zone on the Underground - i.e. go beyond the zones that
are covered...
Forum: London Transport June 29th 06, 01:19 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Richard M Willis
LUL false advertising

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message

Yebbut if you get caught not touching in, you may end up with a £20
Penalty Fare. That might not be 'best'...

Do you have to...
Forum: London Transport June 28th 06, 07:39 AM
Replies: 44
Posted By Richard M Willis
Stagecoach London Sale

On a slightly related note, does anyone know the rationale behind TfL
proscribing the prefix "Sorry" before "Not in service"? It seems...
Forum: London Transport June 23rd 06, 07:56 AM
Replies: 41
Posted By Richard M Willis
Oyster fare evasion

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Much quicker to email Oyster customer services once back at...
Forum: London Transport June 22nd 06, 03:45 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Richard M Willis
Will Oyster PP be valid on the NLL ?

"Kev" wrote in message

Please tell me that they aren't going to extend the Bakerloo all the
way to Watford. As bad as the 313's are I don't see what the point is
let alone...
Forum: London Transport June 22nd 06, 07:57 AM
Replies: 190
Posted By Richard M Willis
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

"thoss" wrote in message

Yes, but if plural it should be Barons' Court.

What sort of Baron is it, if he shares a court with other
Barons ? If you, as a Baron,...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 06, 03:11 PM
Replies: 190
Posted By Richard M Willis
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

"John Rowland" wrote in message

Why not? About five tube stations are named after pubs, and a pub called
"Everything in the garden is green and
lovely"...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 06, 03:09 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Richard M Willis
Overheating on the Tube

wrote in message

Just what I was going to say. I am required to wear suit etc while
appearing in court. That can be a pretty heavy load in hot weather, but
there's really no...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 06, 03:08 PM
Replies: 41
Posted By Richard M Willis
New style barriers and fare evasion

"Neil Williams" wrote in message

Why does routine payment of a PF constitute...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 06, 03:01 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Richard M Willis
Will Oyster PP be valid on the NLL ?

Did I hear somewhere that when SilverLink's franchise on the
NLL / WatfordDC comes up for renewal, they'll be mandated to
accept Oyster PrePay ?

Richard [in SG19]

Showing results 1 to 25 of 56

Forum Jump