Showing results 1 to 25 of 101
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Spyke
Forum: London Transport November 25th 13, 08:17 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Spyke
TfL's Google bus maps have gone...

On 22/11/2013 17:30, Mizter T wrote:
The Google map with a London bus route overlayed onto it has disappeared
from the TfL website.

The URL for this was:
Forum: London Transport August 24th 13, 12:00 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Spyke
London streetview quiz

Note that you can pan around and even move rather...
Forum: London Transport February 27th 13, 09:33 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Spyke
Southern Metro platform extensions (was TfL grant LOROL 2year extension)

On 26/02/2013 21:35, wrote:

Infamously, Meridians (like Voyagers) don't have a corridor
connection between the two units.

Some FCC slows from Cambridge to...
Forum: London Transport January 31st 13, 01:01 AM
Replies: 21
Posted By Spyke
Waterloo & City special service Sat 26 and Sun 27 January 2013

On 30/01/2013 23:36, Peter Smyth wrote:

But they did improve the signalling during the closure - hence why they
can now run five trains at once instead of four trains.

As for increasing...
Forum: London Transport January 30th 13, 08:20 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Spyke
Waterloo & City special service Sat 26 and Sun 27 January 2013

On 30/01/2013 13:23, wrote:
On 30/01/2013 02:23, Spyke wrote:

I thought that it was summer 2005 when they shut the line for...
Forum: London Transport January 30th 13, 02:23 AM
Replies: 21
Posted By Spyke
Waterloo & City special service Sat 26 and Sun 27 January 2013

On 29/01/2013 19:45, Peter Smyth wrote:

Would be nice if they could provide the full weekday service before
worrying about Sundays.
Queues back beyond the top of the ramps at Waterloo at...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 13, 07:25 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Spyke
Waterloo & City special service Sat 26 and Sun 27 January 2013

On 29/01/2013 11:18, Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:

Rumours are that this will become a permanent arrangement this summer.

Here's hoping. I've often found the lack of a W&C a real pain when the
Forum: London Transport December 3rd 12, 07:38 PM
Replies: 66
Posted By Spyke
Aldwych / Strand Underground

On 03/12/2012 18:37, D7666 wrote:
On Dec 3, 3:01 pm, "tim....." wrote:

I can't understand why they don't open this sort of thing as a permanent
museum.

Forum: London Transport November 25th 12, 08:19 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Spyke
Metropolitan Railway Jubilee carriage restored to former glory

On 25/11/2012 17:14, e27002 wrote:
On Nov 25, 9:00 am, CJB wrote:
Wonderful. Good work guys - well done!!

Forum: London Transport November 20th 12, 11:41 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Spyke
LU withdrawn service stock in 1990 - a query

On 20/11/2012 23:11, Jack Taylor wrote:
In some notes from a visit to Ruislip depot at the end of 1990 I have
recorded withdrawn vehicles numbered 1, 6, 8, 9, 10 and 11 present. This
is the...
Forum: London Transport October 26th 12, 11:50 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Spyke
Timetables and Prices for LU150 specials announced

The LT Museum have just announced the timetables, prices and ballot
process for the LU150 steam specials next January.

http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/whats-on/lu150/calendar

According to the PDF...
Forum: London Transport October 26th 12, 12:52 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By Spyke
Free Tube station WiFi extended until "early 2013"

On 25/10/2012 17:54, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:34:13 on Thu, 25 Oct
2012, Roland Perry remarked:
I have a Virgin PAYG phone but...
Forum: London Transport October 24th 12, 09:07 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Spyke
Free Tube station WiFi extended until "early 2013"

On 24/10/2012 18:06, Mizter T wrote:
http://my.virginmedia.com/wifi/index.html

"Until early 2013 we're giving everyone full internet access. After
that, full internet access will be...
Forum: London Transport July 6th 12, 08:40 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Spyke
Access from DLR at Bank

On 06/07/2012 19:39, David Jackman wrote:

There is a lift which goes direct from the DLR platforms to a dedicated
entrance/exit on King William Street (near the junction with Lombard
Street). ...
Forum: London Transport September 5th 11, 11:17 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Spyke
[USA]Prohibition-era train steams onto New York subway for 1920sTV series

On 05/09/2011 10:12, wrote:
All aboard!: Prohibition-era train steams onto New York subway for
1920s TV series
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Forum: London Transport August 18th 11, 12:42 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Spyke
11 September - special train journeys, yay!

On 17/08/2011 22:29, CJB wrote:

BUT ... what's the situation regarding photography? I remember last
year (maybe the year before that) when a photographer was accosted at
Amersham (?) by a...
Forum: London Transport August 17th 11, 07:54 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Spyke
11 September - special train journeys, yay!

On 17/08/2011 12:55, Tristán White wrote:

This is for the 1938 train, but as an incentive tickets do include
unlimited journeys on the 1923 Sarah Siddons train (which makes it a
more...
Forum: London Transport July 14th 11, 12:15 AM
Replies: 129
Posted By Spyke
Thank you London Underground

On 13/07/2011 22:58, wrote:

I'm not quite sure about that, to be honest. I once saw a YouTube video
of an excursion train, I think a 38 stock. The train had come into
Forum: London Transport April 17th 11, 11:18 PM
Replies: 67
Posted By Spyke
Heightened Security & Photography

On 17/04/2011 23:02, wrote:

Do the rail replacement coaches actually use that space for any
storage? My rather limited experience of using NR replacement
Forum: London Transport May 15th 10, 01:21 AM
Replies: 28
Posted By Spyke
South West Trains platform signage.

On 14/05/2010 16:36, Theo Markettos wrote:
In recent months, South West Trains have changed a lot of signage on
the platforms at their stations...
Forum: London Transport December 24th 07, 05:00 PM
Replies: 45
Posted By Spyke
The East London Line is dead... Long live the East London Line

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message
,
EE507 writes
I believe the original plan was to run the...
Forum: London Transport December 22nd 07, 10:51 PM
Replies: 45
Posted By Spyke
The East London Line is dead... Long live the East London Line

STOP PRESS... STOP PRESS...
I've just this morning read a thread on District Dave's internet forum
about the closure of the ELL - it looks like a 'special' train of some
sort was on the...
Forum: London Transport May 2nd 07, 09:29 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Spyke
LU Stock Transfer Lines

Henry wrote:

[W&C]

I've long thought it should be extended to Vauxhall and possibly
Clapham
Junction, to spread the load a bit. There was a discussion about that
here
a long time ago, and...
Forum: London Transport March 15th 07, 11:36 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Spyke
Mobile phone coverage on the Waterloo and City line

Mizter T wrote:
[crossposted to uk.railway - though I'll probably regret doing so!]
[originally posted to uk.transport.london]

Just to clarify - coverage will only extend to the W&C...
Forum: London Transport March 15th 07, 11:09 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Spyke
Another W&C Closure?

wrote:
"Spyke" wrote in message
This morning, one of my colleagues at work mentioned that he had heart...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 101

Forum Jump