Showing results 1 to 25 of 321
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Barry Salter
Forum: London Transport February 14th 15, 02:58 PM
Replies: 49
Posted By Barry Salter
Oyster charging for journeys that don't happen

On 14/02/2015 8:38 AM, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 22:43:23 on Fri, 13
Feb 2015, Barry Salter remarked:
On 13/02/2015...
Forum: London Transport February 13th 15, 10:51 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Barry Salter
Oyster refund

On 13/02/2015 11:44 AM, David Cantrell wrote:
What do you do with such a voucher? Bring...
Forum: London Transport February 13th 15, 10:43 PM
Replies: 49
Posted By Barry Salter
Oyster charging for journeys that don't happen

On 13/02/2015 6:23 AM, Roland Perry wrote:

"If you touch in on a yellow card reader to make a journey and
then decide you don't want to make it or you can't because of
Forum: London Transport February 14th 14, 03:40 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Barry Salter
New Oyster Extension menu on LUL TVMs

On 14/02/2014 15:09, Paul Corfield wrote:

Fabulous - will it sell me a privilege rate extension to destinations
beyond the zonal area?

Probably not...Bet it won't offer Railcard discounts...
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 14, 04:49 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Barry Salter
Oyster card condundrum

On 02/01/2014 00:47, Paul Corfield wrote:

They may be able to move the "errant" card under your main account - I
think you can have more than one card held on one account. Having
logged on to...
Forum: London Transport November 13th 13, 07:18 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Barry Salter
2014 fares - announced soon?

On 08/11/2013 21:24, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 21:19:53 +0000, Barry Salter

Any ideas when the new...
Forum: London Transport November 8th 13, 09:19 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Barry Salter
2014 fares - announced soon?

On 08/11/2013 19:18, Mizter T wrote:
Any ideas when the new fares for 2014 will be announced?

The "go live" date in retail systems is 5th December, though TfL tend to
announce their increase a...
Forum: London Transport August 30th 13, 05:59 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By Barry Salter
National Rail tickets beyond the Freedom Pass boundary

On 29/08/2013 23:50, Richard J. wrote:
Peter Lawrence wrote on 29 August 2013 21:31:23
So can I use a BZ6 to Reading extension on an FGW express now? I recall
Forum: London Transport August 27th 13, 05:14 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By Barry Salter
National Rail tickets beyond the Freedom Pass boundary

On 21/08/2013 21:15, Peter Smyth wrote:

By a strict reading of the rules, the conductor was correct, a ticket
from Surbiton is only valid on trains that stop at Surbiton, while a
ticket from...
Forum: London Transport February 20th 13, 03:22 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Barry Salter
Greater Anglia Oyster/Travelcard pricing confusion

Good afternoon,

Having contacted Greater Anglia Customer Relations regarding the
multitude of different prices for Travelcards and Oyster out to
Broxbourne and Shenfield, I received an answer this...
Forum: London Transport January 19th 13, 03:58 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Barry Salter
Zones 11 & 12

On 19/01/2013 09:44, Roland Perry wrote:

Is a Brentwood Travelcard actually valid for everywhere Z1-11, or is it
just valid in z1-6, plus the trip from BZ6 to Brentwood?

It depends on who you...
Forum: London Transport January 5th 13, 05:39 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Barry Salter
So much for a 4% rise

On 05/01/2013 11:20, tim..... wrote:

Try the section through Ealing and the junction with the A1, they are
the pits

Henlys Corner (the aforementioned junction with the A1) is pretty...
Forum: London Transport December 12th 12, 10:49 PM
Replies: 107
Posted By Barry Salter
London buses to offer contactless payment card option from tomorrow(12/12/12)

On 12/12/2012 21:43, Mizter T wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20694027

The timescale of this was what I asked about just two weeks ago, and
voila it's here - not the full...
Forum: London Transport November 11th 12, 01:49 PM
Replies: 49
Posted By Barry Salter
Oyster Card

On 11/11/2012 12:57, Recliner wrote:

Thanks, yes it's confusing how bits of the Chiltern lines that parallel or
share LU lines have 24 availability, but others don't.

The only bit that may...
Forum: London Transport October 24th 12, 03:26 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Barry Salter
Steaming from Olympia to Moorgate

Unless its going to happen in the small hours how do they plan on keeping
normal commuters off the platforms for the moments the train goes...
Forum: London Transport October 2nd 12, 01:23 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Barry Salter
Paddington to Gerrards Cross parliamentary train

On 01/10/2012 22:56, Subterraneo wrote:

The question I wanted to ask, apart from if it's still running, is what
type of stock runs the journey?

It'll almost certainly be a Chiltern Class 165/0,...
Forum: London Transport September 12th 12, 09:28 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Barry Salter
London Terminals again

On 12/09/2012 18:51, Theo Markettos wrote:
Michael R N Dolbear wrote:
So could I have taken the tube to Old Street via Stockwell or E&C with
a London Terminals ticket ?

Forum: London Transport July 4th 12, 05:23 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Barry Salter
New Night Bus route N113 (Edgware - Swiss Cottage - Trafalgar Square)rant

Afternoon all,

I've already e-mailed TfL to complain about this, but figured it was
worth repeating here.

Cast your mind back to November 2011, when TfL ran a consultation
proposing to introduce...
Forum: London Transport June 19th 12, 07:01 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Barry Salter
Amersham with Zone 1-6 railcard

On 19/06/2012 17:42, Clive Page wrote:

Thanks Paul - it will indeed be on a paper ticket because will have been
issued at a National Rail station. Changing at Moor Park would work, but
I agree...
Forum: London Transport May 19th 12, 07:54 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Barry Salter
Failed Oyster card

On 18/05/2012 22:46, eastender wrote:

It may be something to do with auto-top failing - the last journey (16
May) before today took the balance to ?13.55 but the balance is now
showing as...
Forum: London Transport May 10th 12, 06:48 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Barry Salter
How far does my staff Oyster take me?

On 10/05/2012 12:56, Paul Corfield wrote:

My understanding is that bus operator and bus operator nominee passes
are not valid on any National Rail service. The sole exception is
London...
Forum: London Transport April 12th 12, 05:57 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By Barry Salter
Oyster penalties again

Looking at the journey history I can't for the life of me make out how the
negative balance occurred. It shows two entries for 30th...
Forum: London Transport April 9th 12, 07:40 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Barry Salter
LT museum - can't pay with Oyster

Took a relative to the LT museum in covent garden on the w/e. They looked
a bit bemused when I asked why couldn't I pay using my Oyster card....
Forum: London Transport February 21st 12, 10:49 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Barry Salter
Frying smell in victoria line trains

On 20/02/2012 11:26, wrote:
Has anyone else noticed the occasional smell of frying you seem to
get in the new trains? Have they used some natural oil in the
ventilation...
Forum: London Transport December 1st 11, 10:53 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Barry Salter
Olympic Games - Official TfL Impact Assessment On Tube Services

On 01/12/2011 08:15, Paul wrote:

Interestingly, there is no assessment for the Bakerloo Line, even
though there is an assessment for Baker Street, which says that the
station will be busy with...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 321

Forum Jump