Old January 5th 04, 02:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Large Print Tube Map

clive Coleman. wrote:
In message , John Rowland
writes
Hi all,

I just picked up a (2002) copy of this for the Aged P, and on opening
it I found that it is a large poster, the size of 3*3 A4 sheets! I
know it's supposed to be for people with bad eyes, but this is
ridiculous! When I gave it to her, she pointed out that it is too
large to use en route, so she would now have to plan tube journeys
before she leaves hom

My eyesight is bad. Surely the answer is the correct glasses?

It may be the answer for you at present, but many people with bad eyesight
can't have it fully corrected by glasses; for example, the estimated
500,000 people with macular degeneration. More details at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/health/m...-b/2042906.stm and
http://www.aston.ac.uk/lhs/research/...eneration.html
--
Richard J.