Old January 7th 04, 06:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Mayes Robin Mayes is offline

Default LUL staff - pay slips

"Kat" wrote in message

Staff Assembly Point or Station Annunciation Point?

Last one is new to me;

It's the 'offical' name for the platform P.A. points

we don't have any of those (do we?) unless it's
that touch-screen thing with which you can frighten smokers in ten
different languages.

You mean those nice new shiny DVAs that allow us to bombard customers with
"Good services are operating" every 2 minutes?

Don't you remember those nicely printed and totally obscure leaflets
which arrived telling us how good HRSAP is, now it's been changed?
It took us a long time to find out what it meant and even then we were
still mystified.

Having been about since before signal control centres and OPO only on the
District I'm just cynical when they tell us "this new system is wonderful
and will work properly straight away". Thinks about the '92 stock,
especially the fun days at Oxford Cirus resetting tripcocks with a paddle!

"Electricity, it'll never last!" as my Grandmother said.