Old February 2nd 10, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Long DLR Train

On 2 Feb, 08:38, "DW downunder" noname wrote:
"MIG" wrote in message

On 31 Jan, 15:11, "Recliner" wrote:

"MIG" wrote in message

On 31 Jan, 13:28, MIG wrote:

At a glance, the wheels either side of the bendy bit seem quite far
apart for a single bogie, but no further apart than the pairs at the
outer ends. I think it's probably an illusion caused by the smallness
of the wheels.

Actually I could be confused. I think the new units (supposedly
illustrated in the diagrams) have longer bogies, or possibly just a
longer middle bogie.

I hadn't heard that the new bogies were longer. I wonder why they'd do
that, on units that have to get round very tight curves?

Conversely, in the artist's impression you posted, all four (sic) bogies
look too short. But I'm guessing that was just the artist making that
bit up, not thinking anyone was particularly interesting in the wheels.
I also wonder if the floors aren't too low as well in that sketch?

I will have to start paying more attention, and maybe take a snap.
Further posts may be from Belmarsh.

Yes please, of the elusive latest models, B07/09 ... *which may indeed have
4 bogies *... *we shall see.

No, they haven't, but the middle or all may be longer.