Old February 14th 10, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default moorgate - bedford platforms - ceiling

In article
,
(lonelytraveller) wrote:

On 14 Feb, 11:19, wrote:
In article

,

(lonelytraveller) wrote:
On 13 Feb, 15:30, "Peter Lawrence" wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:34:42 -0800 (PST), lonelytraveller

wrote:
Why is there a door in the ceiling at the south end of platform
10 at moorgate (behind that cage thing) ?

Was that originally a vent for diesel fumes?

I thought that line was always electric?

Not if you mean the Metropolitan Widened Lines.

No, I mean the ones that go to Finsbury Park. The one marked platform
10, in fact.

I wasn't clear what the Moorgate numbering scheme, especially as these
things change over the years. What are now the FCC platforms were the GNC
and not Metropolitan ones at the outset.

--
Colin Rosenstiel