Old March 13th 10, 08:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Rob Rob is offline

Default Advice for Thames Tunnel and/or Fancy Fair visitors

The source of confusion for many visitors was the scarcity of TfL
staff in a welcoming role, mix ups over location between Rotherhithe
Station and the Brunel Museum, and mix ups between queues for Thames
Tunnel tours and queues for shaft visits. If in doubt, don't be afraid
to ask a member of staff what's going on.

Thanks to everyone who made this event possible.
Dominic

Thanks Dominic - this is good advice

I have to say it wasnt the best organised event. Many people didnt
realise there were two seperate events and so a lot of people had
bought tickets for the Fancy Fair thinking they could go on the
tunnell tour and were disapointed to be turned away by brusque
security cards. Staff at the museum were then having to take flak from
people turned away from the tunnel tour. I felt annoyed for a while,
but in the end the shaft visit was very interesting and the guy who
gave the talk was very good, so my disapointment subsided.

Rob