Old March 13th 10, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Advice for Thames Tunnel and/or Fancy Fair visitors

On 13/03/2010 15:55, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:26:38 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

The walk through the tunnel and the chance to see it and the renewed
railway and the stations was great though.

How very lucky you are.

I'm so glad I managed to get
a ticket. I suspect they could have run the event for 4 days and been
full on every session if it had been properly advertised.

Because the amount of people looking to get a ticket would likely have
been much more than they could handle, I imagine.

Thus, they decided to keep it low key, such as by word of mouth.

Indeed - probably a once in a lifetime chance to see a real piece of
railway history.

Really it was, and I find myself most disappointed that I could not
secure a ticket.