Old March 15th 10, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Advice for Thames Tunnel and/or Fancy Fair visitors

In article
s.com, Mizter T scribeth thus

On Mar 13, 12:29*pm, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:
Anychance of them doing repeat tours of the tunnel in coming weeks,
thanks to high demand?

While nothing is impossible I doubt it very much.

Indeed - there's a new railway service to run through it after all!

Well due to a "not that well healed broken leg" I decided not to go, not
wanting to cause a possible problem mid Tunnel if I tripped base over
apex but its nice to read the comments of those who did go, and whilst
not that well publicised and with some organisational problems hats off
to those who had the idea of making it possible, very imaginative:-)

Fantastic idea to be in the exact same place as the Brunel's and their
workers and all that.

I bet if they were to arrange a trip through the Box Hill tunnel in open
topped wagons with a lot of light and running quite slow it'd attract a
lot of takers!..

Perhaps that also prove the st***Ic re***ve mystery as well.....

--
Tony Sayer