Old March 16th 10, 10:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default 020 7222 1234 working again

On Mar 16, 8:05*pm, wrote:
No "call another number" message. I didn't see any announcement. When did
that happen?

Because it hasn't stopped working... yet.

See: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/contact/13879.aspx

In particular the bit at the bottom that reads
---quote---
If you call 020 7222 1234
In the meantime, you'll be transferred to the new number at no extra
charge.
---/quote---

Presumably it will be switched off sometime soon. Which is pretty
rubbish, given the extra cost of the new number, in particular from a
mobile. I really think this change is pretty pathetic.

Anyhow, can anyone say when the ABBey/ 222 1234 enquiry number was
first in operation? And were there any telephone enquiry services
offered beforehand, possibly even in pre-LTPB days?