Old March 17th 10, 08:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 020 7222 1234 working again

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

On Mar 16, 8:05*pm, wrote:
No "call another number" message. I didn't see any announcement.
When did that happen?

Because it hasn't stopped working... yet.

See: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/contact/13879.aspx

In particular the bit at the bottom that reads
---quote---
If you call 020 7222 1234
In the meantime, you'll be transferred to the new number at no extra
charge.
---/quote---

Presumably it will be switched off sometime soon. Which is pretty
rubbish, given the extra cost of the new number, in particular from
mobile. I really think this change is pretty pathetic.

Anyhow, can anyone say when the ABBey/ 222 1234 enquiry number was
first in operation? And were there any telephone enquiry services
offered beforehand, possibly even in pre-LTPB days?

Odd. I'll swear I got a recorded message telling me something like that
last time I called it.

Perhaps I'm getting confused with the Oyster "help" line whose 020 7222
xxxx number is unobtainable now.

--
Colin Rosenstiel