Old April 5th 10, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

Default 020 7222 1234 working again

wrote in message
In article
,

Odd. I'll swear I got a recorded message telling me something like that
last time I called it.

Perhaps I'm getting confused with the Oyster "help" line whose 020 7222
xxxx number is unobtainable now.

I have had ongoing discussions with TfL about both the 1234 and 1200 number
for travel information.

As stated on the website the 1234 number will be working for some time to
come (Given that people like Metro/ES still publish it in there travel
section, along with almost everyone else on the web, and college/Uni) It
should divert you through to the new service.

The 1200 number has been somewhat hit & miss (Although apparently it's not
been advertised for *years* - can someone say when it was last advertised?)

After lengthy discussion TfL have said they will keep the 1200 number
updates with real-time information only - no other updates for engineering
or planned closures will be posted there any longer. However some day's I've
noticed its not been updated at all, or still says the service is closed for
the night!

It may just be me, but I've not figured out from the new number, or even the
1234 number how to get the recorded summary of service yet. All it's
interested in is me planning a journey which is not what I want. A call to
check the service takes me about 9 sec, to go through the other route - the
closest I've got was actually talking to an agent, but that took almost 4
mins.

Whilst I do have internet on one of my phones its still always quicker to
call for info rather than fire up the browser, connect (long as its not rush
hour in town) and navigate through to the tube section.

If someone has found where to get the real time info off the new number
please do let me know!