Old April 12th 10, 07:46 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default "10-Car" South Central

On Apr 12, 6:07*am, Charles Ellson wrote:

I don't know what the specifics of 313+315 are.

Possibly a variation on the consequences of coupling a DMMU to a DHMU
on the St Pancras line some years which resulted in the manual unit
being dragged at speed while still in first gear as the driver forgot
to use the (usually spare) gear change ? Are the electrical
differences of 313 v. others such that the presence of particular
error conditions are only revealed if the driver has to do or watch
for something that he would not have to under normal working ?

Something like that but as I said upthread I do not know the
specifics.

If it is different notching sequences and or different series/parallel
or weak field transition speeds then the units might fight each other.
AFAIK on EMU they are not indicated separately for each unit, there is
no equivalent to the DMU bank of blue lights.

Or :

Or indeed it may be something else not connected with traction
controls.

--
Nick