Old April 12th 10, 08:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Pat O'Neill Pat O'Neill is offline

Default "10-Car" South Central

"D7666" wrote in message
On Apr 12, 6:54 pm, Andy wrote:

Unless there is a cascade of 455s to/from Southern in order to match
455 and 456 fleet sizes or to allow some 455s to be shortened until
such time as 12 car trains are needed.

I can only offer cranky suggestions verging on the lunatic.

Such as - remove all the ex508 trailers from the 455/7s so make a
fleet of 3car 455s for 3+3+4, which along with the 456s/455s 4+4+2,
while the 43 ex508 trailers you make into 4 x 10car trailer sets and
have an EDL at each end, pedants noting that the 455 type control
cables on a 508 are 42way thus can accomodate EDL 27way m.u. control
merely by changing pinouts.

Kingston roundabouts then take on a whole new meaning.

--
Nick

Nice idea.
I never knew them as 'Kingston roundabouts'.
When I worked them it was 'Round the World', Windsor to Main or Main to
Windsor