Old June 30th 10, 09:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] davidmetzger0@gmail.com is offline

Default LHR to Tilbury Pier

On Jun 30, 3:32*pm, Mizter T wrote:
On Jun 30, 8:21*pm, Mizter T wrote:

On Jun 30, 7:21 pm, Mizter T wrote:

On Jun 30, 4:45 pm, "
wrote:
I want to go in july 2011. i have an oyster card with no value bought
in dec 2008 . Can I use this card to get to tilbury ?

Afraid not. [rest of advice snipped]

Just seen that you're thinking about a trip in July 2011, a year ahead
- that's advanced planning!

If you were thinking of staying in Tilbury and then making several
trips into London then you might possibly find buying a weekly season
ticket suits you - a 7-day season from Tilbury into London is
currently GBP45.40, whilst a 7-day Travelcard from Tilbury to London
(with inclusive travel in zones 1-6) is GBP67.20.

You'd need to work out of that worked out better for you than buying
tickets on each day you wanted to travel. An Off-peak Return from
Tilbury to London is GBP8.50, whilst an inclusive Off-peak Day
Travelcard from Tilbury to zones 1-6 is GBP9.30 - both are only valid
from the 09:26 train onwards (i.e. not earlier peak trains) - whilst a
season ticket or Travelcard is valid at any time (so you could travel
in with the commuters). Not sure what the price of an Anytime Day
Travelcard is from Tilbury (i.e. valid in the morning peak), but an
Anytime Day Return is GBP9.30.
[snip]

Argh, forgot to say that of course the fares above are at 2010 prices
- they'll in all likelihood go up in 2011.

Also, the National Rail season ticket calculator can be found hehttp://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/s/s...ket/calculator

i priced it at 2.40 for the tube 3.00 for the train well under the 10
usd i budgeted