Old July 14th 03, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Keith Marshall Keith Marshall is offline

Default Whitton Avenue East / West

If you mean Whitton Ave, in Sudbury/Greenford/Northolt, then I used
to live in the area and have no memory of it beiing dual.

I still do live in that area -- like 150 yards off Whitton Avenue East.
I've lived there 22 years and known the area for something more like
26-27 years. In that time I don't recall any of Whitton Avenue ever
being dual carriageway.

But it is a good wide road, now made narrow by people parking both sides
(mostly the house owners who are too lazy to use their rear access) and
the council putting silly bollards in the middle of the road -- could
this be deceiving you?

*Keith*