Old July 1st 10, 08:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MaxB MaxB is offline

Default Disused railway tunnel under Regent Quarter, King's Cross

On 29 June, 19:02, Dominic wrote:
On the west side of Bravington Walk shown in purple on the map below,
one can look down a hole roughly the area of a car, into what appears
to be a disused railway tunnel. My guess is that this is the York Road
Curve between King's Cross York Road Station and the Metropolitan
Widened Lines to Farringdon - is this correct? Has this disused
railway always been visible here, or has it only been revealed
recently during redevelopment? I thought I had read about his tunnel
being used for gas pipes or other utilities, but I didn't see any
pipes in it.http://www.regentquarter.com/offices_masterplan.html
Thanks, Dominic

You can see the curved roof of the York Road tunnel in this picture
http://www.thebattens.me.uk/york%20road%20curve.jpg from MS Virtual
Earth. KX on the left and the Widened Line platforms on the lower
right. When traveling from Faringdon to St. P, immediately after
passing the western end of the platform you can see the exit from the
Curve.

MaxB